Anybody know a good 4 year school that offers degrees in music business/industry?

Teen Fury

I'm a freshman in college. My major is sport management and boring as hell! Lol I'm lookin to transfer to a music business school, preferably in NYC, that has a 4 year degree. Anybody help?

dvyce

I'm a freshman in college. My major is sport management and boring as hell! Lol I'm lookin to transfer to a music business school, preferably in NYC, that has a 4 year degree. Anybody help?

If you think your "sport management" major is boring, a music business major will be no more interesting.

The "music business" is just a business like any other... the only difference is that instead of selling tires (for example) you are selling music.

A good general business degree from the best school you can afford/get accepted to will be the most useful thing for you.

A business degree from Harvard (for example) will be more likely to get you a job in the music business that a "music business" degree from Full Sail or 5 Towns or whatever other place offers a "music business" degree.

...plus, if you can't find a job in the music biz, it will still be useful to you in whatever you do.

Get a regular business degree and read Donald Passman's book.

Business is business... then you just apply it to the specifics of whatever field you go into.

dvyce

...and NY has some of the best schools around... but, of course, where you go depends on who will accept you and what you can afford... there's NYU... Columbia... etc, etc