Any of ya dudes ever thought about joining the military?

I spent 14 years in the US Army. Just got out completely on Halloween 2008. I Went in at 17 worked my up to SSG (E-6) then after I got my Bachelors Degree, I got my Commission and made it to Captain before I got hurt seriously in Iraq. I don't regret one day of it, except the day when our Hummer went off a rock cliff and I separated my pelvis from my spine! Now i have a fused spine and several Titanium Rods, Pins, screws and a Titanium Cage around my spine!

But yeah other than that, it was cool! LOL!

Seriously though, the Army was good for me! I was headed nowhere fast and probably would have been dead or in prison if not for the Army? It showed me things that made me take a different way in life and I am thankful every day for that!

However, it is not for everybody. For every person I know who likes the service, I know 3 more who didn't! REAL TALK!

ONE

Last edited:
I spent 14 years in the US Army. Just got out completely on Halloween 2008. I Went in at 17 worked my up to SSG (E-6) then after I got my Bachelors Degree, I got my Commission and made it to Captain before I got hurt seriously in Iraq. I don't regret one day of it, except the day when our Hummer went off a rock cliff and I separated my pelvis from my spine! Now i have a fused spine and several Titanium Rods, Pins, screws and a Titanium Cage around my spine!

But yeah other than that, it was cool! LOL!

Seriously though, the Army was good for me! I was headed nowhere fast and probably would have been dead or in prison if not for the Army? It showed me things that made me take a different way in life and I am thankful every day for that!

However, it is not for everybody. For every person I know who likes the service, I know 3 more who didn't! REAL TALK!

ONE

True. It's what you make out of it. I had some good times, but as we all know there's a ishload of bad times, too.

I had fun sometimes. Othertimes, I really felt like "maybe this isn't for me". I guess extensive sea duty can do that to a person.

Air Force.. working on commision now.. been in about a year.. so far its not bad at all.. pays bills.. just waiting to deploy and go shoot some insurgents.. lol

but real talk though, i joined mainly for schooling and all that. my recruiter didnt lie to me at all. i love the job i do now, and the people i work with, we are all cool.

just chillen bro..

I would never stand up for my country (US) to trade my life for oil. If they reinstated the draft (won't happen), I'd probably run off to an island in the British Virgin Islands. I'm 20 minutes from Ontario, CA but the Caribbean is much nicer.

it crossed my mind once or twice when i saw a few friends of mine joining fresh out of high school...but i just had a strong gut feeling to not join....they all thought i was a wimp for not joining..but fug that..lol...now that a few are back..some of them regret joining.

I think that anyone incarcerated for murder should be forced to go fight. The government says its okay to kill when ur fighting for oil.

Last edited:
I have anger management problems,don't like taking orders or authority and can get on a horrible streak of laziness yet i'm on my 6th year in the Air Force at "work" now matter of fact. Managed to snag a degree and get the government to pay for my pro tools certification. Also have DJ'ed at major events worldwide and made connects to last a lifetime. I did hella research before I came in and didn't even have any questions or recieve any info from my recruiter he couldnt tell me shyt b/c I went straight to the source people actually doing my desired job or prior Air Force.

It was Air Force or nada for me though obviously I made the right choice. Usually I show up here do about an hr of work then Set up my laptop and make remixes in Ableton and new setlists in serato while I browse various forums on my "work" computer. I actually log more hours on the road doing djing gigs than I do here at "work." If you have the right attitude and know how to make this shyt work 4 you it can be the best job you ever had. Nowhere else I know of where I can make beats and browse the web all day and get paid 4 it.

IM 17 and was thinking about the joining the British army at one point to get more disciplined and get fit but i found out i have to be fit to get fit ???

And anyway i dont l know much about the army, you cant say **** this im going home to mommy, right ?

And anyway i dont l know much about the army, you cant say **** this im going home to mommy, right ?

Damn straight you can't! lol

I got kicked out of MC JROTC in high school after less than a year... I have serious problems with following orders. Nobody is going to tell me to do something because it'll make them happy if I do.
I'm more focused on my own agenda's.

i was offered to be sponsored to go to the naval academy when i graduated high school(which is a free ride)....i aint even let dude get the whole sentence out...i refuse to give my body and soul to babylon...

i never thought twice about it...

**** that ****....

Carmel why do you feel the drive to want to join? I'm curious what is going on in your head at this time because Im interested how the mentality goes. Obviously tons of people decide to go, more than I would think is possible considering its such weird idea and an awkward way to waste an important part of your life (your young adult hood). To me its obviously a trick. Just wondering what youre thinking...

I mean the downsides are death and the upsides arent any better than getting a job at a kiosk in the mall with benefits and enrolling in community college courses. Its not that hard to make any sort of life that is much better than army life. unless you are lazy? But if you are lazy, why would you join the army? Thats laborious and psychologicaly demeaning work. So youre just lazy to make a plan and execute it like making a resume and job hunting so thats just mental laziness. Instead of planning a life path, youre too lazy so you just want to throw yourself at them and see what they are gonna do with you. youre lazy but curious/hungry for adventure at the same time huh? Well thats stupidity if thats your case. If you are too stupid to realize, take it from us. its a bad idea.

i was offered to be sponsored to go to the naval academy when i graduated high school(which is a free ride)....i aint even let dude get the whole sentence out...i refuse to give my body and soul to babylon...

i never thought twice about it...

**** that ****....
thats my thoughts as well...you are signing over your body and mind. for me it's just not enough cuase to fight. it's a bloody war which is stagnant and has no seen end.

iraq was fairly understandable for the first year but now it's just about pride and not showing weakness.

if i was on my last feet. i would just turn to boxing, i used to box as an amatuer i could get paid to get beat up cut and bruised.
but at least i can defend myself and know what i'm doing, yah semme?

in a reasonable case, you serve 5 years, have a decent amount of money when you leave and a good sentence to put on the c.v.
i can think of many other jobs that have similar qualifications.

some here have benifited from the military, so i wont say that it's a truely negative outcome. but unlike a decent sized minority they at least have set of arms/a balanced state of mind/ or have a body to type with.

Go to Army.com and see if you can see their paychecks.... you won't go in.

The only good thing I got out of it was the guaranteed home loan. I only signed up for two years at first. I knew part of that would be basic training and my schooling for my Army job was pretty longs so I really only had a year and some change left when I was really ready to go. They sent me overseas right off the bat... for a year in Korea... when I was done... I didn't even have that much time left to go on my contact... I was only 19 so I reenlisted for 3 years to see what stateside duty was like. Its was cool... but I couldn't take that the people in charge of me were dumb as rocks and were only in charge of me because they had been in longer and had made rank from hanging around and rubbing the right nuts.

At my last station the guy in charge of me had small mans complex... he was about 5' 5" and hated everybody taller than him, lol. He used to dog us too. He used to get off of making us do degrading shyt all the time. One day he came to a party we had and started talking ish after work... he was still in charge of us and one dude got mad at him and he pulled out his ID and said "I outrank everybody in here got damn it!" That dude grabbed him by the throat and picked him up off of his feet and slammed his head against the wall, lol! He had said something about dudes Mom during a spades game. His wife hadn't given him any azz in 8 months because she had caught him cheating with a girl he was in charge of.... he took all that ish out on us and we just had to sit there and take it. One day he got drunk and told somebody that's why he was such an azzhole.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would join af or navy but not army or marines. nothing that involves during infantry in the middle east.

unless your security forces or eod i think the af is pretty safe. and they treat their guys the best. poeple stay in the af the most.

navy is pretty safe except maybe the seebees in iraq getting shot while doing construction.

but even in the civilian world every jobs has its up and downs. every job has its di'ckhead bosses/supervisors. if you get a good job(one that you want) and know what your getting into and do reseach the military is not that bad. if you take advantage of all the perks and everything that is offered you can come out nicely from a stint or career in the military.

id like to go in as navy nuclear engineer.its hard to pass the schooling but i think i can make it its a madatory 6 year enlistment(2 years in school and 4 years at sea).with this rate you go in as e3 and after school your already e5.in the civilian world you looking at being at a place a few years making 100k a year working at a nuke plant.or if you decide to reenlist as a nuke your looking at a 60-90k bonus.

Only reason I would join is if we were in a justified war and they needed more forces to fight. I will die for my freedom without thinking twice.. Other than that, I'm not cut out for the forces. I don't like being yelled at, belittled or called names in the name of disciplines.

I would only recommend the Air Force...

No Navy or none of that. Those Navy dudes be out at sea for 6 months and wake up every day only to see water for as far as they can see... they go nuts over it too.

... and there are not enough women to go around on those ships... so you know what goes down after that.

Plus look at those little showers and beds they have to sleep in, ain't no damn way you getting me to be in that close of quarters with no ship full of dudes for 6 months... why would I do that, lol... on purpose.

I can't say anything bad about the Air Force though... I've been to McChord AFB up here a few times... they live in little hotels it looks like. They be all sloppy and out of shape though... ragbags, lol.

naaahh

i aint survive gettin shot at in st. louiz, juz 2 go get shot at in somebody else country

i'll pass, besidez Im hlaf middle eastern, so thatz like me killin my own cousins with our situation right now

Last edited:
Back