Any Advice To Start?

aleksa

My name is aleksa...i am new here! :o)
I was just wondering...I love music...expecially trance, rave, and hip hop. I am mostly interested in trance music tho. I have alwayz admired and envied DJ's. I know DJ'ing is hard work but i really am committed to the idea of becoming a DJ. B/c I am 1st year university my cash flow is limitted (note: i only have a couple hundred bucks right now) and really, i don't have enuf money for equipment. i have a computer. it's a pentium 166 (i know it's not great but it's a start) with a soundcard, napster, winamp, and speakers. i only have maybe 6 Gigs on my comp for storage. i was wondering what programs i can upload on my pc to start DJ'ing at least on my comp so then i have even the LSIGHTEST idea when i get actual equipment next year. if anyone can help please e-mail me:
lava_mountain@hotmail.com
or icq me: 1541815
thanks a lot

Hi Aleksa, try and get pcdj free (download.com, search "music" etc.) it's a raw dj emulator wich lists and playes ur mp3 in two cd-like virtual players, w/ ajustable pitch and xfader to start. It is, as I said, very very crude as it has no cue or other facilities as frame search, etc, like a real dj cd player, and that makes it tough to manage the music drop in and beatmatch but gives the taste on mixing and messing w/ a pitch. Anyway, if u live in US Pioneer has just released a DJ-in-a-box pack w/ 2 cdj 100S (basic but muuuch more than enough even for pros) and a djm 300 mixer, all for about US$ 1600 + tax, just get a phone and monitor (or use old spkers and amps) and buy some cd, it's a good way to get the concepts and fundamentals. And keep fussing and asking, djing is great!

Good luck and regards.

Back