Im confused

Arvin_art

Guys hello again , sorry for not coming online for a while ...
I have a question , i was producin for a while , last month i produced at least 4 of my top 10 beats of all time ... after a week of Not producin ( or at least trying not to produce ) and just resting , i produced the melody of 1 of my top 5 beats of all time without a doubt , but after that ( which was about 3 weeks ago ) i cant write Anythin anymore :/ my producing is kinda frozen ... i cant even complete my last beat !
just what the hell should i do ? I tryed almost everything i could to fix it , its not working
Can somebody help ?

just listen to more music. how much music do you listen to everyday?

Listening and hearing music for like 4-5 hours everyday will put more ideas into your head for writing and producing.

Last edited:
Thanks rly for your reply
I do listen to ALOT of music ... but thanks , i think i just found out the problem ...
2 months ago i was gathering a playlist which all songs had 1 same mood in em , there was happy , sad , gangsta etc. Songs in it , but all the songs had a same vibe ... ( empire state of mind , it was a good day , masterpiece , locked out of heaven etc. ) everything was fine untill i hear 2 songs from college dropout - kanye west ... i found out those songs contained EXACTLY the mood and vibe i was lookin for , so the playlist got abandoned and rn my playlist looks like this :

Recent : College Droput - Kanye West | Graduation - Kanye West | Late Registration - Kanye West | My Beautiul Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West |

I think this is why ...

Last edited:
Try different activities. Meditate before going into your sessions. Even if your not big on meditation, listening to binaural beats even for 5 minutes helps free my mind up creatively. Even exercise can help overcome your writer's block.

Thank ALL of you guys ...
I couldnt reply cuz 2 earthquakes hitted our town and internet wasnt available , but i tryed all i red here ...
I stopped producin for a week , i listened to music about 10 hours a day for 3 days , i spent a whole another week in my bros house ( Only fun , nothin else ) .
My writers block is gone , i can produce again !!! Thank you guys

Btw i have 2 advices for you
1. NEVER try sampling before producin an album , it kills your composing for a while .
2. Never get stuck on 1 producers songs , in this while i was stuck on kanye west songs , i didnt listen to anythin else than kanye west and some soul music .

THANK YOU

Listen to your favorite songs/artist bro, trust me the more you listen, your idea will come to you and you'll feel inspired (i hope).

Change the way you make music. Do you play guitar etc? Write some lyrics. turn the sound of the lyrics into a tune. Lay down some random notes in a piano roll and repeat a section of it over and over. That's how I roll. :)

Producer's block is the same thing as writer's block. You have just to find that one thing that is going to inspire you to get in the right frame of mind to make a track.

Writers have a term for this: writer's block. I think this is a kind of block that every artist goes through, no matter what the medium. I may be going against the grain here, but I would say keep pushing against the block until you break through. If you wait around for inspiration to strike, you'll never produce anything either.

I get this regularly, and it is maaaaad frustrating. Every artist has peaks and troughs in terms of creative output...even the pros
What I usually do is to walk away. Stay away from the studio for some period of time. Then come back to it. The risk with bashing your head against he wall until the wall breaks, is that you may end up hating the whole process of music production, which would be a tragedy.

Listening to lots of different music for inspiration has always worked for me.

Producer and artist Brian Eno and an associate came up with a deck of cards to get people out of creative jams. The deck is called "Oblique Strategies." For the time being, at least, the deck is available as an on-line tool here: Oblique Strategies

GJ

Back