How old were you when you got into producing?

Can't remember honestly, maybe 15? I was definitely high school age, is all I know. It was mostly just a private hobby until a few years ago when I started sharing beats, piano pieces, and metal ideas with my friends and a few other communities. They all paid me some pretty high compliments, so I'm trying to take it a bit more seriously now. I want to make a lasting first impression though so I'm overthinking stuff alot.

I was 14 and started as a hobby, and continue as a hobbyist in several projects, even some was commercial.

Last edited:
I was middle school age, so around 13. I wanted to be a rapper but I needed beats then I ended up liking producing more than writing. Now I'm in my 20s

Last edited:
I was 8-15 when I followed 4 years of music class and 7 years of keyboard class. It then went silent. I just, three months ago, started to make songs again with MIDI keyboard.

I was 22 when I started to be serious about producing. It's been a long process though, due to a full time job and a hands-on 3 children (I'm now 39).
Really, If I didn't have the commitments, all that i've learnt in the last 17 years, I could have learned in 3 (wouldn't change it for the world though :))!

12, i started on lmms on an old windows vista pc, then moved onto a pirated fl studio when I became interested in sampling. 12 years later and i now produce, rap, mix and direct videos

I started playing around in garageband when I was 12-13. Parents got me Logic for my birthday about a year later. I honestly don't rermember what drove me to do it, I remember I was really interested with Kevin McLeod's music at the time, ontop of Avicii, Imagine Dragons and a few others.
Really interesting to hear everyone else's story

i started with mixcraft and audacity

i remember being 11-12, coming home from school, & messing around on it till the evening.

I started at 26. Pretty late, but it was worth it.

I first used a browser app called Soundation.

I think i was around 16.

My brother got himself a Scooter.
And i got myself a Sampler.

My parents gave us a part of the money for it cause we didn't smoke. (Actually only I didn't smoke)

first try with 24, made some bad Goa/Psytrance, was motivated but laptop was too bad and i couldnt hear goa anymore and was confused about my musictaste at all, that i dint know how to go on. Now i started 2 month ago. 28 years old at the moment.

Back