How old were you when you got into producing?

My earliest memory of creating music was while playing a Cap'n Crunch Flash Game that let you sequence preset loops on a simple DAW, this had to have been over 10+ years ago.

But I started working with FlStudio when I was 17, now 22. Took about 2 years of practice to produce anything I can look back at and not cringe.

I developed a love for electronic music back in College when I was about 18, we had to produce something back then but I had no idea what I was using and pretty much just used loops. Haha.

I recently started looking at producing music again but properly. I'm now 26.

I'm 55 now and having fun with my son who is 30, he went to college taking music industry arts and then set up a full blown studio. I help him out with all sorts of things as I can , mainly $ but I do all the studio video when he has clients in. Edit and then we started promoting the clients through various advertising and social media... great times.

I'd say I was in my very early teens when I started doing my own songs. I grew up around a cousin who had bands throughout my childhood and eventually he got me into songwriting and multi-tracking. A lot of my friends are heavy in the game and I've seen the flow from tape to digital and have surfed the wave so it was the next progression to hop on the newest hot thing which was digital recording so I started using various programs Emagic Logic, Protools, Reason essentially as they came out. Unfortunately I can't post a link as this is my first post.

I started making music when I was about 13 just messing around on Garageband, but didn't really start producing and grinding till I was 18.

I strated making beats by using mixcraft loops when I was 14, but two years later I started making my own beats when I purchased a keyboard and pad controller.

Last edited:
the first daw I starting producing with was fl studio. that was the first daw I ever made beats in.
was in middle school.

i started when i was around 19 with fl studio 5. i'm going on 31 and still to this day i use fl studio. i had an mpc1000 but i had to sell it for rent at one time. think i may get another one soon.

I started playing instruments(mainly guitar and piano) throughout my childhood, but never got into producing(or making beats) until about 10 years ago, when I got a laptop that came with a copy of Acid Pro. After about a year, I found out about FL Studio, and have been using that since, although I have tried other DAWs here and there. Up until recently, it was just a hobby, and something I did to blow off some steam. I only started focusing on producing(EQ, mixing, etc) about 1-2 months ago when my friends advised me to start sharing my music.

14 or 15? When I first listened to Afterhours by Diplo and then Virus by Garrix and MOTi. It was the time when I felt this is the music I actually love. I got good vibes from these songs esp from virus. It felt so good. So I started to look for more music by these artists, then I came across some more tracks of garrix. Then I came to know Afrojack, David Guetta and a few others too. A couple of months later, I got to know about FL. Then looking upon some tutorials, I finally learnt some stuff on how to produce music. I was 14 by then. So yeah, that's the time when I started producing.

It was 2013 when I really started messing around with Ableton, I was 23 at the time. I'm almost 27 now, but I play the bass since I was like 13 idk

peace

Last edited:
Back