How did you come up with your Producer Name

I was working at a popular music store and 1 of the members from Goodfellas the movie came in.

You ou may remember him. He was Maury. ""Maury wigs don't come off, even in hurricane winds"

Well..... I tell him my name, and put my hand out to shake his. He says "Hello Jimmy" I told him my name wasn't Jimmy. But he kept calling me Jimmy. So I kept the Jimmy and I just added the Conway for extra flavor.

I took my middle name which means creative and I used the Word Sine as in Sinewave as my last name because thats the brand and vibe of my tracks. Jermaine Sine

I'm the thread starter and just want to thank everyone who posted in this thread over the months.

im stuck and maybe you guys can help me.

The names I'm considering are Jonny Avalon, Freddy Funk, Jimmy Storm, Tony Metaron, Johnny Goodshoes, Johnny Goldshoes and Tony Steele.

im thinking about a name that could double as a rap name or else I would have went with funkzilla or Black Smith.

Last edited:
What is your real name? You could go with that as a rap name. Tony Steele would be dope but there is already a Tony Starks which is Ghostface's alter ego.

What is your real name? You could go with that as a rap name. Tony Steele would be dope but there is already a Tony Starks which is Ghostface's alter ego.

Well I'm not comfortable with saying my real name on the forum but I might just go with Tony Steele then. Thanks.

OP, have you always had an interest in rap? If so please know the overabundance of rappers is due to the Internet democratizing music in all genres, and if you have a real interest please practice your craft and learn the history of the genre and the eras of it.

Don't rap 'cause you wanna pull women, get money and other clichés regarding Hip Hop no longer impressive to mature die-hard and/or casual rap fans.

Know that the genre has many pioneers but Bambataa gets too much credit as Hip Hop did not start in the Bronx.

OP, have you always had an interest in rap? If so please know the overabundance of rappers is due to the Internet democratizing music in all genres, and if you have a real interest please practice your craft and learn the history of the genre and the eras of it.

Don't rap 'cause you wanna pull women, get money and other clichés regarding Hip Hop no longer impressive to mature die-hard and/or casual rap fans.

Know that the genre has many pioneers but Bambataa gets too much credit as Hip Hop did not start in the Bronx.

Brother you Pm'd this to me but what do you think of the names I picked out. Not sure Tony Steele is the one to go with.

i kept it simple. dmac beats, d is the first letter of my first name davina, mac is the first syllable of my last name but with a "a" added since its mcintyre

This is one of the hardest things for me but the way i came out with mine is my nickname and a word that can help define you

I really wanted the name "Igloo" just because I find it's a really fun word to say, but it turned out that was quite a difficult name to get on soundcloud... So eventually I noticed that a lowercase L looks pretty similar to Igloo, so from that day onwards it was lgloo.

I wanted an aesthetic to go with a name. Also, I wanted it to sound dope without it being a normal word (Voodoo). The Ü with it's Umlaut (the two dots above it) is pronounced as the English character "U". It looks dope, sounds dope and has an aesthetic to easily follow.

I'm a bit of tech nerd, so I came up with Glitch as a temporary name for my SC and YT account where I can upload unprofessional garbage for feedback, without giving anyone a reason to think of me as an artist. Lol
I keep another account in reserve called Avyde, which I plan of using for a different genre of music (and hopefully more professional) in the future.
And while think it sounds more professional, I've gotta admit, Glitch is kinda starting to stick with me...
But lately I feel like changing it to "Quitter". Think I might getting too old for this music stuff.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of tech nerd, so I came up with Glitch as a temporary name for my SC and YT account where I can upload unprofessional garbage for feedback, without giving anyone a reason to think of me as an artist. Lol
I keep another account in reserve called Avyde, which I plan of using for a different genre of music (and hopefully more professional) in the future.
And while think it sounds more professional, I've gotta admit, Glitch is kinda starting to stick with me...
But lately I feel like changing it to "Quitter". Think I might getting too old for this music stuff.

You're music cool! never too old haha

KOBB3N OBSCURA

KOBB3N from a nickname I had when I was younger, after my last name (Jakobsson) and OBSCURA cus I read somewhere it ment unknown/indistinct.
It just happened :)

Back