How did you come up with your Producer Name

what i really do and think that we should keep it real..in case of mine i dont have any producer name i am just using my real name.It is not written anywhere that you should have a producer name,just keep it real.

Mine is kinda weird, boris is the name i chose because of my bulgarian roots and mayra is my first name's translation to Chechnyan language. :-)

I didn't care about my producer name so much to the point where I named myself idc lol, not sure if I'm gonna keep it like that long term tho, kinda like it

My real name is Nicholas Hibberd. I am English but I live in the Netherlands. If you hastily pronounce ’Nicholas Hibberd’ in Dutch it sounds like ‘Nix Keburt’ which means ‘nothing happened’ in Dutch. There was a hit song called ‘wats keburt’ which means ‘what happened’ in Dutch.

Also my name is vaguely discernible in the track by the Sugar Hill Gang with ‘ I said a hip, hop, the Hibberd. Hibberd a hip hop and you don’t stop rockin’’

my name "moon balcony" is based on my love for the night and the sensation of being the only person awake in town

i love looking out the window at a sleeping city - it feels like im cheating the system, and i feel safe and finally nobody is watching me, judging me, reacting to me
just me and myself

like im looking at the world from a balcony on the moon

Last edited:
Great question. I made a massive list of names and started crossing them out until I had one: LUCKYKAT. Why? It is 1 word, different spelling of "cat" and my music is influenced by Japan (lucky cats are everywhere over there and bring you fortune). So listen to my music, and it will bring you great fortune! lol. Well, that could be a marketing play. It is a personal thing so no point asking your family or friends if they like it. Let me know what you decide on!!

Back