Here are a few tricks I use when I have creative blocks in my music

seq

Sometimes i find myself listening to one of my tracks then closing it, then opening another one listening to it... closing it. This goes on and on, then I realize i haven't been productive for the last hour. So here are some tips I came up with to help you be productive when the creative juices aren't necessarily flowing. I hope it helps.

How to Stop Being Unproductive | Instrumental Music

These are all helpful tips for someone who maybe in a block. may i also add that finding some fresh inspiration or maybe a new song can definitely bring your motivation right back really quick!

If you're using Kontakt, the TUNE knob can be the greatest thing ever if you're bored with your current sounds.

Just TUNE something up or down an octave (or more) that you wouldn't normally do that to and you've got brand new sounds/textures.

I used to do this. Solution? Don't hate me because it is a simple one: Find a bassline you're really into it and stick with it until you have a completed song. I realized the reason I did this for so long was because I wasn't actually happy with the underlying bassline and that can have a huge effect on your patience as you analyze something you've made. If the bassline sucks, I just won't be that into it and finding inspiration is a chore. Producing music for me has to be enjoyable. If the bassline is good, I can listen to a section of it over and over for hours and not get bored of it. Ultimately, you have to feel inspired by what you're making. Not doing so usually results in a lot of creative block and self-doubt, which is difficult to realize in itself at first.

Back