#1 Mistake when you wanna sell beats online

What's up

I just wanna share something helpful for you if you try to sell beats online.

A lot of producers will spend a lot of time thinking about why nobody bought their beats. They will think that's because they're not good enough...

Most of time it's not the case. I swear few years ago I sold beats that sound like crap. When I think about that I don't even know how an artist can bought beats like that. Anyways, that only show the quality of your beats is ain't the main block.

Even if I agree having dope high quality beats will help a bit.

So I see a lot of producers who make like one beat a day. And they post a beat online everyday. That's the mistake. They only do that...

Making a beat, posting a beat & repeat. While hoping someone will find them and bought beats out of the blue. Don't get me wrong It's can happen. TBH my very first beat sale back in the days happened like that. Someone found me randomly on beatstars & bought me a beat.

In fact, if nobody know you, nobody will looking for you. In few word nobody will find you. That's exactly why just making beats and posting beats on Instagram, YouTube, Soundcloud or even Beatstars with keywords won't help you. At all. Doing this is like doing nothing.

I'll take a simple example. Imagine you wanna date someone. You're at a party and this particular person is here. If you spend the night looking at her/him and hoping he/she will come talk to you... chance are pretty high you won't date this person.

That's exactly the same thing for beat selling. If you just post thing nothing will happen and will think "my beats are crap because nobody give a fuck about them". Just interact with artists, build relationship & your done. Make sure people who are interested into buying beats know you're making beats. You feel me ?

Why do you think big brand even make ads ? Is to be sure you remember them, build a relationship with you and make you come to their shop & buy something.

Nothing sell by itself. Even if it's the best thing in the world. If you don't move your ass of to be sure people who need that know it. Nobody will get it.

So stop posting beats everyday and hoping for rappers to buy them. Learn how to sell. And for me there are 5 thing that are essentials to sell beats online :

1 - Your beats library

2 - Giving value first

3 - Knowing how to use social media the right way

4 - Building a trusted relationship (Probably the most important)

5 - Follow up with mail or social media

Hope that will help you

Back