Yamaha HS5 Vs HS7 Vs HS8

M

mkamsi

Today I was there at a Music Store. I am in search of good studio monitors, I compared several one and at last , the biggest competitors at a good price range those were KRK Rokit Vs Yamaha. And I didn't like KRKs. Now I am about to buy Yamahas, but m confused between HS5,7 & 8 because I was hearing different quality from them, may be due to no soundproofing/non-reflector environment there.

Can anyone tell me which one to choose ?

Thanks in advance

I bought a pair of Yamaha HS80M a few years back. They have since been discontinued to introduce the new lines you're talking about. I absolutely love them. Not sure of the actual differences between my set and the new line, but the pair I have sound incredible, and blow the KRK's out of the water.

Now when it comes to the size, it all depends on you man.. If you're in a small room, you might wana get the smaller pair. My set up is in a room that is probably 25x25 foot, and the HS80M's that I have will move shit around and knock things off the walls lol I probably could have saved a few bucks and settled for the HS50M's at the time, but I wanted the bigger speaker set of the bunch

Back