What is a Good Midi Keyboard/Synthesizer for me

I Am Me

What is the best Midi Keyboard/synthesizer(I'm a not sure if a Midi Keyboard and synthesizer are same thing, but I think it is LOL). I want something that is the best that I can get for my price range(around 200 USD). If I should save up and wait because 200 is crap let me know. I would like to produce progressive house/ Electro house(for example Deadmau5,Avicii,Alesso), but I do not limit myself to that, if I like the music, I do not care it's genre, and also I would love to remix my favorite songs. -Thank you for reading/Commenting :-)

well if your using it in your daw system like fl or protools then it doesnt really matter what you get cause youll just be using the software you have, so if your just using midi i wouldnt spend too much

Ok thank you for the post, i think for now i am going to be using the midi keyboard mostly. but what is the difference between having a midi keyboard that is being used with my vst's, and having a synthesizer that has a midi keyboard. im not sure really what a synthesizer does, i thought that all the soun creation was within the software, using the vst's i thought all you need midi keyboard is to comunicate with software piano roll. not sure what a synth does lol...

Now computer-based musicians are mostly using "soft-synths," which are programs/applications that _are_ the synthesizer (your keyboard sounds are in the software). So you only need an inexpensive controller to put your fingers on; the computer/software package does the rest.

IF you want a real synthesizer, it will cost you a lot more than 200 USD if you are buying new (you should be thinking $1,000-$3,000 range). And it depends on whether you want analog or digital synthesis (or some other type or combination thereof). But in that case, the _keyboard itself_ has the sound engine in it, not the computer. I would highly recommend the Roland Juno G (probably available on the used market now), or the newer Roland Juno Gi. These units have great traditional instrument (piano, organ, strings, percussion, horns) as well as synthesizer sounds and effects (bloops, bleeps, lazers, buzzes, robotic voices, house/trance/disco, whatever sounds). They also have on-board four or eight-track audio recording, 16-track MIDI recording, and some nice tweakable analog-type features. But that will cost you a lot more than $200.

GJ

Last edited:
Yeah, I will be using software synths I want to make progressive house/Electronic music. so can you recommend a good midi keyboard that has good keys, or idk maybe even touch sensitive around 200 bucks. - Thank you for the help XD I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back