USB Vinyl Players

DekuKid

Hey guys,

I want to get a USB vinyl player which i can record vinyls with into mp3 or record straight into logic.

What would you guys reccomend? Im looking for just one deck to record samples, not mix.

PS: please no belt drive vinyl players!
:hello:

I have the Ion Profile Pro: PROFILE PRO - Vinyl-to-MP3 Turntable with Input - ION Audio

Got it for 90 bucks at bed, bath, beyond a year or 2 ago... so far, its pretty good. One problem I have is the needle skipping here and there.. Adjusting the arm weight seemed to help a little bit, but I honestly couldn't tell you if its just the brand turntable or needle...or if its an issue with the records I've used with it thus far. All of my records were purchased from thrift stores..and the newest record I have is still probably 15-20 years old...The computer I have it hooked up to is also a piece of shit.. I rip the audio into Audacity (it comes with the turntable)... and for some reason I cant get it to work right on this computer. On the old PC I have Windows XP Home edition...and on THIS computer, I have Window's 7... So I dont know if its an issue with the operating system or not.. But the sound on my Win7 computer is complete shit....Other than having to hook up my old computer to use the turntable, I don't really have any complaints about the device..I'm sure there are better ones out there, but for being so cheap in price...I'm happy with what I got.

I am thinking of getting the portable Vestax USB turntable ( i know this is a belt drive )

Anyone have experience with it? I dont feel right getting belt drive turntables because ive heard lots of bad things like how they take time to start spinning at the correct speed etc.

Just curious, if you already have vinyl and a regular turntable, why not just get an RCA to USB cable to record? Do USB Vinyl Players do a better job? Sincerely asking because I notice they're fairly cheap and I have alot of vinyl I don't like using because of the hassle that I'd convert to MP3 libraries if it's easy to do..

Last edited:
if your turntable has rca hookup, you could just get the rca/usb plug instead of getting a whole new turntable..i'm sure it'd save some money... the ion profile pro i linked to in my last post has rca hookup, but i dont use it..or at least have yet to use it..i just use the usb plugs.

Back