trying 2 become a beatmaker

3rdcoastreppin

hey....well im a rapper who is looking to make beats 4 myself but i don't kno were 2 start.....any help will be appreciated....i jus wanna kno like what software is best 4 begginers and if i will need anything else.....

well my suggestion would be to do your research on popular daws, and download the demos and try them out and see what fits you. plus also researh what type of setup is good for you/your budget. you may need a good computer,midi keyboard audio interface/soundcard and studio monitor to start.

Yeah, it really depends on your budget, I wouldn't start out by getting the most expensive stuff right away. Keep it simple untill you have more knowledge.

Most people start of with Fl Studio because it is easier. Personally FL just didn't agree with me because I clicked with Reason so well. Download a demo of a program and use it, then see what suits your style.

Just to get you started most people use FL studios, Reason, Cubase, Garageband ( only for the apple mac), acid, Sonar, Adobe Audition, Pro tools and many others. The first four are all good choices.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/news/news-story/news_id/700 this site should help

Last edited:
id go with fl studio, i find theres a lot more in depth tutorials for it than many other popular softwares, just my 2 cents though

get Fruity Loops, my first beat in FL was a joke, this is 5-6 years ago. Practice, practice, practice, all your first beats WILL SUCK! And if you think they are bad ass, lower your ego what i've learned is that beats get better and better, it's simple you either feel it or you don't. But then again, ive made beats where I think they are pure SH*T and other love it.

beautyintheory said:
get Fruity Loops, my first beat in FL was a joke, this is 5-6 years ago. Practice, practice, practice, all your first beats WILL SUCK! And if you think they are bad ass, lower your ego what i've learned is that beats get better and better, it's simple you either feel it or you don't. But then again, ive made beats where I think they are pure SH*T and other love it.
Totally agree:cheers:

this is why people get angry non some there producers out there that dont do it for the art. Hook up with a producer it'll save you so much time

I would go with FL. That was the first program I went with when I started making beats some years ago. FL is one of the most simple but deep programs there is. FL is great for beginners and one you are skilled you can use some of the advanced features in FL. And trust me your first beats will suck. Mines sucked bad and to make it worst I thought some of them were tight. But what made me better like anybody else is practice and knowledge of the software you are using.

Back