Triggering Roland FantomX sounds in FL Studio using MIDI

flyguyz said:
do you know how to trigger fantom sounds in reason ?

It isnt possible. You have to use Refills in Reason. If you got a fantom to use with reason then you wasted your money. Its impossible to work with outside sounds with reason unless you REWIRE another program into it and run them both at the same time.

But to use any keyboards sounds with reason is impossible.

yeah thats what i have to do now, is rewire it into the pro tools session, pain in the ass, but i dont know any other way around it, thanks though

Still dont get it man i go to fl mixer set the inputs /outputs for the fantom hit record and nothing happens what am i mising dude i know its something simple but its kicking my ass

You have to click on the little disk at the bottom of the mixer before you record.

1) select an open track on the mixer
2) set input (from Fantom, inputs may vary)
3) Click the little disk (it will highlight)
4) Type in a name to save the wave file
5) when you record it will save to that file you named when you clicked the disk. And be on your playlist.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DELETED DUE TO WEIRD FP WEBPAGE SCREEN ERROR

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:
Hope this helps

I tried following buzzhawgs tutorial, I followed it to the "T" and it never worked it gets kind of sketchy when it talks about the Fantom settings. I believe he mentions something in the tutorial that is not possible with the Fantom. Its been ages ago so I can't honestly remember. However, the easiest way is to just record the sound coming in onto its own track kind of like PT or Reaper. If you follow his example you can get midi notes and sound, but you have to record it to keep it (I use Edison) If you switch banks on the Fantom the sound will change. I hope this helps you.

Back