Tutorial: Saving and Loading Your Projects (AKAI MPC 1000)

thanks mano

thanks for all of your tutorials, i needed to be apart of a site like this i learned alote with your middi tutorial, but i use an mv 8000,i used to have a mpc 1000,but i like the mv more,im just learning how to get on threads so bair with me, i would like to learn more about mixing and compresing ,my kicks ,and drums,and what effects should i apply on them, and should i record my kick and etc on a mono track or a sterio track,and should it be paned in the center? thanks ,keep up the good work.:victory:

I join to al the thankings, I've also found loads of usefullness here.

I've learned more in this video then pouring through the manual. It's cool to have people who want to help people.

Let me get to the beat making....LOL

You've really done a service by providing this video. I've had my MPC a few weeks now and have got the hang of how to save now but it took some time to get used to. I've not done that much sampling before buying a 1000 but I really think saving projects was the hardest thing to get in my head. I was always paranoid I would lose work which would be a nut crunching pain in the arse for sure.

Wish I'd seen this video on the first day of owning one, the manual doesn't help too much with saving and it's clearly written by a Japanese guy or some ****.

Man Can Sum Body Plz Tell Me How 2......
SAVE MY BEATS ON THA MPC 500 I Read Front And Back
I Can Save Tha Seqence But Anything Else???
Id Really Appriciate Tha Info

i dont get this lol
i make a beat and then when i save entire memory i turn the mpc back on and its back 2 the default programs and samples and it does save my samples but not the programs and does anybody kno how to permanantly delete those wack default programs and samples off the mpc 1k?

nvm got it thanks and very nice tutorial relle appriciate it
now i need help on saing the tracks as wavs

Last edited by a moderator:
use the search... there is plenty of info here on deleting the default programs... You need to save "something" to the INTERNAL MEMORY .. when you do that, it wipes it out at the same time ... and removes these default sounds...

Also... when you say "i dont get this lol" ... u dont understand the tutorial? It is pretty simple and I explain clearly how you need to save your "PROJECTS".

good luck

MPC tutorial

A mano what's up with you. I just got a MPC 1000 and put the jjOS V2 on it, does the MPC your using have the AKAI OS or is that the jjOS. I just downloaded the os so I'm not sure how it looks. Thank's for the tutorial. PEACE.

actually I do not own an MPC anymore... Yep... I know it's weird, because I am expert at it and have helped thousands of people on FP with their MPC questions... I love the MPC, and maybe I will have one again in the future. Right now I am focusing on other things.

take care

hy guys,
i got the same problem like section ate beats! i use a 128mb akai memorycard and there are still 102 mb free. when i try to save the mpc tells me a directory error. so i formated the memorycard and tryed to save, but there is still the directory error. every time the directory error comes the mashine shows me a flashing wav data at the memorycard, if i delete the flashing wave i could save. but im working very much with my mpc, and when i delete everytime a wave to save a squence or something else my memorycard is empty after two days working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the se3cond problem is: somtimes when i copy some waves via usb to my mpc, the copying sopps and the pc says he couldnt write the folder. then i can wait just a day and then i could go on with the copying!!

does anybody know something about this problems???? i use the jj os 3.0.8

Back