Tutorial: Saving and Loading Your Projects (AKAI MPC 1000)

Mano: I'm trying to save all my stuff in one folder like a "project" but the thing is when i save a project it saves my drum sounds over again....meaning on my compact flash I have multiple copies of the same drums. How do you work around that?

I hope you understand the question.

Very good instruction on working with a project.

I wish the gear out there had something like this.

LiQUiD:

I understand your question. This is however expected. The way I see it is this:

The #1 priority is to make sure your project is saved and SAFE, ready to be recovered even 3 years from now.

By making a separate copy of the drums you use in this project as they are "now", you ensure that you won't destroy your work by mistake in the future if you happen to update the drum samples "shared" accross projects.

This way you can *manually* overwrite these duplicate samples with updated versions IF you wish to do so. Unless the samples are long, duplicating them is not a problem space-wise.

In the long-run you will appreciate *not* loosing projects. In 1, 2 or more years you can grab your 1 folder from a backup CD, load this 1 project file, and BOOM you hear your whole song and are ready to work on it.

dj_hamzter:

Thanks for the kind words. This was the first one so it can only get better ;)

Am i retarded or is my puter weird? i dont see any tutorials in the link...

iight mano, ive been saving like u did on the video, so i can delte the original sample right, beacause theres no need to have two right, because its in the folder that i made for the beat, and its in the original spot, is it ok to delete it in the original spot

yes

you can keep the original if it's something you want to load later (like a drum kit)

but yes you *can* delete it and keep only the one in the song's folder (with the project file)

(mano on smartie's PC)

Entee said:
any chance of getting a tutorial for the mpc4k?

I do not own one so probably not unless the demand is huge and the tutorials are part of a larger project.

That was pretty helpful. saving on the MPC is sort of a nightmare but yeah your way works pretty good.

What were you doing when you were muting each track with the pads. Is that mode useful for anything?

trippinonego said:
That was pretty helpful. saving on the MPC is sort of a nightmare but yeah your way works pretty good.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it works like a charm this way. I have no problem working on any project old or new, within seconds.

trippinonego said:
What were you doing when you were muting each track with the pads. Is that mode useful for anything?

I was basically playing a progression "live". The Track Mute mode lets you quickly ... mute and unmute :) instantly while it plays. It is very much a Live feature I believe but I actually use it a lot to get a feel of various "versions" of a same sequence

I'm also having trouble watching the tutorial, I've downloaded the media player and I've checked my internet options, it might be because my modem is old and a dial up one. Usually I wouldn't bother but I've got an MPC1000 and am racking my brain as to the best way to save my stuff so I really want to have the info in this tutorial. Do you think you'd be able to write out a text version of the tutorial? obviously it wouldn't have the detail of the video but any info would be useful.

(mano here fro smartie's pc)

yes since the server went down there are some things I need to fix, including some of the videos

I was in the middle of fixing things for Firefox users, got it right, but then the server problem occured and all the hard work was gone :(

Thank you so much for reminding me.

Back