Sound Design Course - How to Create your own Audio Logos

ontracktuts

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; background-color: #f9f9f9}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; min-height: 19.0px}p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; color: #1b5390}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none; background-color: #f9f9f9}span.s3 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Hi VI Control,

We've put up a new course on our site on 'Sound Design - Creating Audio Logos'. If you interested please check it out.

Since getting into music production and doing some work for companies and advertisement agencies, I got interested in what goes into creating unique audio logos for brands. I find that brands can create a special sonic identity with a well produced audio logo. This sound can get stuck in your head for days, and you get to signify the brand with this sound. So I thought it would be a good idea to go through the process of creating and audio logo from start to finish showing all the techniques that could be used.

Some of the things this course covers:

• Working with a visually animated video logo
  • Syncing sound design elements to this video
  • Adding extra textures layers to grow the audio logo
  • Using Arp patterns, and sequencers to add interest to the growing audio logo

To get an idea on audio logos you can check out this blog, where we're going to do short audio analysis' on a few brands and see what went into each logo. Please leave comments on what you think and if you can hear other elements in the logos. It's crazy how much layers of sounds and effects can actually go into these short snippets of sound. I remember designing one sound that had like 100 tracks in it for just a 3-4 second sound. So it can get quite complex.

Behind the Audio Logo: Intel | OnTrackTuts

If you're interested in the course, we're running a special introductory offer on it. And we also going to keep adding more content on it. Like more production techniques and more examples. I look forward to seeing some of you in the course.

Sound Design - Boost Your Brand by Creating an Audio Logo | On Track Tuts

Thanks for the support!

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}</style>Hi Future-Producers,

We have been adding some extra articles to our Audio Logo blog.

We've analyzed the HBO logo, and have taken a look at the Windows 95 startup sound, who was done by the amazing Brian Eno.

Behind the Audio Logo: HBO | OnTrackTuts

Behind the Audio Logo: Microsoft Windows 95 | OnTrackTuts

The more I look into the audio logo path, the more I get intrigued by the different brands, and the sound design process in the implementation of the sound. Would love to hear your opinions on these audio logos, and what you think about them from a production point of view.

Last edited:
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #f9f9f9}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 19.0px}p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; color: #1b5390; -webkit-text-stroke: #1b5390}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {font-kerning: none; background-color: transparent}span.s3 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none; background-color: #f9f9f9}span.s4 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Hi FutureProducers,

Our limited discount offer on our Sound Design - Audio Logo course is ending soon. The course is 90% off till the 3rd June. So grab it while you can. Looking forward to seeing you in the course.

Sound Design – Boost Your Brand By Creating an Audio Logo | OnTrackTuts

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 19.0px; font: 16.0px Verdana; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>
23lo9y0.jpg

Don't forget to check out our blog series 'Behind the Audio Logo' on some examples of some other popular audio logo designs.

Blog & Tips | OnTrackTuts

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:
We've added a new blog to our 'Behind the Audio Logo' series. This time we look at the XBox 360 startup sound. What an amazing sound. It has such great textures and layers. A very complex sound. Keen to hear your guys thoughts on the sound, and what other instrumentation and sound design elements you can hear in the logo.

Behind the Audio Logo: Xbox | OnTrackTuts

Also don't forget there's one more day left on our 90% special off our Audio Logo design course. Grab it while you still can. Hope to see you in the course

Sound Design – Boost Your Brand By Creating an Audio Logo | OnTrackTuts

Cheers,
Gary

Back