The "Return of The Groove" Series - Dissecting Boom Bap Beats

kindbeats

Return of the Boom Bap
Hey everyone,

I don't know where I should post this, but here is the video announcing my upcoming online series dedicated to demonstrating and breaking down original boom bap grooves, as well as the occasional staples in boom bap history. Figured some of you would be interested in this so enjoy!

kindbeats

i'd love to play drums. you should create some drumbreaks. you got some pretty good skills there'

i'd love to play drums. you should create some drumbreaks. you got some pretty good skills there'

Thanks man. I actually do offer drum breaks. You can peep them at my site. The Official Kind Beats Website There's twenty something free breaks plus I offer custom loops and tracking for those willing to pay. Also putting together a sample pack featuring every drum and percussion instrument I own, tons of loops, and more. Should be available for purchase late this year!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I'm glad so many of you are liking the idea of the series! Well, without further ado, I bring you episode one. Enjoy! Also, episode two will be up next week and will break down the famous "Funky Drummer" break!

230688_10150178292376870_50859471869_6657560_574785_n.jpg

Sorry for the delay guys, but the second installation is finally up and features a nasty cowbell-heavy groove. Enjoy!

Lesson 2: Nasty Cowbell Groove

300188518.jpg

---------- Post added 06-07-2011 at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-17-2011 at 02:00 AM ----------

Coming This Wednesday...

Return of The Groove: Lesson 3 - "The Funky Drummer" and "Cold Sweat" (The Fatback)

These are two CLASSIC boom bap grooves that are often misinterpreted, so make sure you don't miss this one!

Last edited:
Good skill, I wish I have ocassion to play drums someday. keep doing it

Thanks guys! Here's Lesson 3 in the series, which breaks down "The Funky Drummer" and "Cold Sweat" breaks. Enjoy!

FunkyDrummer1.jpg

ColdSweat.jpg

Back