Rayn Makes an R&B Beat (MPC 1000)

RaynStorm

<CENTER>This video is pretty dark, but you'll get the gist. Let me know what you think. Haven't done a scratch beat in a while. Hit up Myspace.com/TheRayn. to hear the sampled tracks. Thanks!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/InTKxxVaqaU&hl=en"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/InTKxxVaqaU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah rayn that's pretty cool, I very much enjoyed it, and good instrumentation. Keep it up!
And what rokits are those? if they are rokits?

stigmurda said:
you mean mpc 2000

Right! I have since gotten a 1k and type it so much that I totally spaced this vid was using the 2k classic!

Thanks for checkin' me out, though!

RAW-note said:
Rayn that was nice. Good sequencing and composing skills. Keep it going.

Thank You!

J-Blaze309 said:
Nice beat.

What keyboard did u say you were using?

I'm actually using a midi controller w/ a Motif Rack.

Hynox.rain said:
Yeah rayn that's pretty cool, I very much enjoyed it, and good instrumentation. Keep it up!
And what rokits are those? if they are rokits?

Thank You!

They ar, but I have NO idea! I'll look @ the boxes and get back to you on it.

Those are childs play though. Tryin' to get a pair of theose Dyan Audios!!!!! Don't even need a sub...soooo clear!!!!

Last edited:
so....when you trigger the motif it goes directly to the mpc in a "audio" file ??

or is it still a midi sequence?? get what i mean? like you're recording the sound from the rack directly into mpc2000 and if you turn off the rack the sound is contained in the mpc?

thats what i need.. someothing thats portable like an mpc that records and squences when recorded into like a DAW...

the mpc1000 can do it but you need to go into "record in"..

Nice beat. I also recently switched from the MPC 2K to a 1000. Seeing you work with the 2K in that vid reminds of what a pain it was to load samples and navigate in. I'm all about the MPC1000 and the USB connectivity to load samples!

KonTrackz said:
Yo im really feelin this beat, great work. Lookin forward to see the rest of ur vidz.

Thank you. I appreciate it! 2 more vid in prouction right now. COMING SOON!! I'll mos def check ur page out.

dopemcee said:
so....when you trigger the motif it goes directly to the mpc in a "audio" file ??

or is it still a midi sequence?? get what i mean? like you're recording the sound from the rack directly into mpc2000 and if you turn off the rack the sound is contained in the mpc?

thats what i need.. someothing thats portable like an mpc that records and squences when recorded into like a DAW...

It's still midi information.

YungFly said:
nice smooth beat.
keep grindin

Thanks!

B-Cool said:
Nice beat. I also recently switched from the MPC 2K to a 1000. Seeing you work with the 2K in that vid reminds of what a pain it was to load samples and navigate in. I'm all about the MPC1000 and the USB connectivity to load samples!

me, too. Runnin' it w/ the JJ OS now.

dopemcee said:

My reply for this didn't post! Sorry! The motif sends midi signal to the mpc. The only way to do that is to run stereo cables from you out source , like your mixer, into the sample mode of the mpc, and record it as a sample. I've done that to give things that I play a sampled sound. Then run it thru some gritty FX!!!! Kanye, eat your heart out!!! JK! lol!

Last edited:
Back