People with a good ear/speakers

well 1st off i like da beat its nice umm??? 2nd i think sumtimes ppl 4get about vocal production when critiquing a beat i think with the right type of vocal prod. it could sound pretty full but it would have 2 be pretty heavy and intresting 2 pull it off. its not bad at all and i can hear that its vocal ready but its missing sumthin mabye its just a lil heavy on compression or mabye a distinct but not 2 loud pad or string mimicking your melody at times will make it sound a lil fuller without throwing your mix off 2 much.im actually not certain about this track the only thing im certain of is the drums arent 100% not sayin there bad but not 100% mabye see if u can find a better kick but anyway my advice though is if you plan on jus sellin it off try 2 make it sound fuller however u think is best(less compression,added pad/string, reverb ect.) if you might possibly be in control of the direction of the actual song add the vocals and decide whether or not is sounds a lil thin and post prod. from there if needed but thats just my uncertain 2 cents

Wow, thanks! I can see what you're saying about it being 'thin.'
I'll try to work on that with this beat and with future beats.
I need to layer more instruments.

And as for vocals, I think it would really bring this beat to life.
I'll try to add some of my own just to see how it would sound.

Anyway,

Thanks again! Very helpful response.

Very nice beat bro. I would agree that it's a little thin on the lower end. I actually really really dig how tight and light it is.

I'm not sure that adding more instruments is the way to go. The arpeggiated thing on the top end is really big. And with some vocals in there it would really bring it all together.

Even if you had a bass, or maybe low-register piano single-noting along with the choir hits it would be enough to fill out the sound.

Hope this helps!

_O.K._

Back