My 1st Beat Making Video with my Miko

Good video, the drums are awesome (sound and programming), but there's too much clip in the tracks, you should lower the volumes :cheers:

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about Openlabs projects... it's only a computer with a keyboard a monitor and a couple of VSTs... nothing more... and it costs a lot!!!
Don't want to make a flame but I don't understand this fashion...:confused:

The way gear looks shouldnt be a deciding factor when making a purchase

I don't think by how it looks he means the unit's physical appearance. He's using look colloquially to mean not only its appearance but its ease of use, how it functions, etc.

@ Q-bot

i had that same thought after i read the post so i could understand the statement if it was meant that way-
i myself find the miko to be a relative of the old receptor units from a while back-remember those stand alone vst units

To me, it seems the ease in having the computer attached to the sound like that... it's just sick.

I REALLY need to up my hardware game lol...

those strings are dope but i agrea the the miko is overated and a computer with a nice midi keybord is just as good

Good video, the drums are awesome (sound and programming), but there's too much clip in the tracks, you should lower the volumes :cheers:

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about Openlabs projects... it's only a computer with a keyboard a monitor and a couple of VSTs... nothing more... and it costs a lot!!!
Don't want to make a flame but I don't understand this fashion...:confused:

Thanks. I actually increased the bass of the master track so the drums and 808's can knock on Computer speakers...I dont really mix like that thoug. Thanks again

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

those strings are dope but i agrea the the miko is overated and a computer with a nice midi keybord is just as good
Thanks. I agree. I know alotta of people who thought buying Open Labs gear would make their beats sound better. Not the case for any equipment.

But I wouldn't say its over rated. i have 2 Terabytes of Storage. 4GB of RAM....I can clone any keyboard/rackmodule with Mimmik. (Which cant be done by any other PC or Mac)..And last but NEVER least. NO HEADACHES!! lol....When Im traveling, i can just plug it into the wall and turn it on. No tangled wires or setting up buffer sizes for ASIO.

Now of course you can build your own PC with some (not all) of OL specs, but you gotta do it all yourself. With OL your just paying a little more for convienience.(which is how businesses have worked forever)

EXAMPLE: You can go to a deli and buy a weeks worth of cold cuts for $5. But that doesnt stop people from paying $7 for a 1/2 sub. WHY???? Because sometimes people dont have the skill, time nor patience to even attempt such quality on their own. And this analogy can be used for almost any product on the market.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:
MILK!! It might be cheaper to own a cow but NOOOO Body is forming "Black Friday Lines" for them.

OPEN LABS=Convienice

Im hungry now...LOL

Last edited:
SICK! Chords are very nice. I think the brass and strings kind of fight with each other tho, they dont compliment each other like they should.

The keyboard is crazy nice!!!

Overall, hot track

Back