Modular City - Because the End of Passion is the End of Life

rofilm

If you have athing for modular sound works, then you won´t regret investingthese 15 minutes of watching the birth of Modular City, a whole town devoted to modular synthesis, modular sound design and sonic arts:YouTube
Enjoy your day!
RolfMODULARCIZYPIC.jpg

A lot going on in Modular City

Modular City is developing. AsI have hurt my hand I can´t take part in constructing our new kindof case for modular synths at the moment (but will continue with itsoon). So I´m writing some new lectures for our university here inModularCityright now. One of them is called “From Idea to Patch – or fromRandom Chaos to Random Order”.
Butthere is a lot of building work going on even at other places in ourtown. The building, that houses “Modules Incorporated” has beenfinished. The rooms are being equipped at the moment and the firsthardware has been ordered.
24videos have been installed in our “Soft and Loud” building. A(very huge) lot more are getting prepared for installation.
Our“Hardware Workshop” has ordered the first pieces of gear to testand to explain. Two performances have arrived to be shown in the“Festival Hall”. One of them has already been istalled, the otherone is getting prepared for installation.
Inthe “Townhall” our mayor is negotiating with companies (hardwareas well as software) to get some extra advantages for our citizenshere in Modular City.
And(poor) Rolf (that´s me) is getting up early in the morning around 4a.m. each day to get it all done and managed (additionally to myregular day job – no, no! There aren´t any tears needed norwanted. I LOVE it – as long as my body can stand that wonderfulsituation :-))
Incase you´ve forgotten about the details of Modular City: here youcan refresh your knowledge about it: YouTube
Andhere are snapshots of some information boards in the buildings:
gesamtbild_1.jpg

Back