Live looping with MPD32

E

equalibrum

picture running an MPC throug a guitar loop pedal...but with ALOT more options and control. This is all software..no pedal..the looping is done with 2 of the 16 pads..while the others are dedicated to sounds. I can switch through unlimited about of sound banks & kits with the FF and rewind buttons and perform full songs in this manner completely freestyle. You are not locked into a set midi clock tempo. You play how you want..then loop it and build it up. The power comes because you can have some sounds/pads not get recorded into the loop..so you play a bunch of stuff in and only have certain chosen sounds get recorded while the other just kinda get played over it and never get recorded...it makes for change up possibiltys..at any point you can start a brand new loop at a totally different tempo or even time signature...this allows you to perform complete full songs..or even jam out with a live band and stay in time with them...

In the vid i start out with just drums..then some extra sounds..flipping the same sounds at totally different tempos live on the fly...

Then i do a little performance..with change ups and all that..
Then break it down..and flip the same samples totally different in reverse order..

Also notice through the whole video and everything going on I never touch the computer once.
If you had all your kits memorized you can technically hide your laptop or computer completely when performing live. Check it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE7GHgbmlP0

Last edited by a moderator:
Back