krk rokit 5 VS.JBL LSR2325P

patrickman6

im either looking to buy either pair of monitors. i pretty much want to know which pair is better. post your reviews if you've ever had either monitors.

they are both popular speakers

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

speakers are the most important puchase for music makers. So u should go to a shop and test them side by side. Y limit your option to these 2 speakers? you also have yamaha and if u willing to spend more, Adam audio, focal, genelec etc...
U see in general we are willing to spend money to get the fastest computers or latest software packages but when it come to speakers, droping 1500 us$ on a pair is more difficult. Not to mention that upmarket speaker do hold they value way better than computers or software package. So if u ever had to sell them u will recoup a larger proportion of your money.
Check the NOTE REPEATER app from the MAC App store there is a video on youtube: NOTE REPEATER smk7dev

I have spend alot of time looking for monitors in a "effective" pricerange.
I come up with KRK Rokit 5 to be my favor of choice.
I make many types of EDM and want to hear the final mix nice and crisp and i love the sound of them.
They don´t need more bass for a small room and they are easy listning allmost a little chilly sound.
I have´nt bought them yet but i will do that later in the summer.

I haven´t heard the JBL, but i listned to Yamaha (to warm), ADAM (Not worth it) M-Audio (To less edges). I listned to monitors up to the double price and found that KRK is in my favor. I also listned to the bigger A6, but there is to little bass differance to justify the bigger one.

Good luck!

I vote for the JBL's all the way . the krk's may sound nice to the ear but they do not translate well to the real world bc of the hyped eq curves. the flatter the monitor the better for mixing

rick
pranasoundstudio

I'd choose JBL monitors in a heartbeat over KRK. KRK's are not very accurate. I have experience on them.

Back