How to sound like this? (East Clubbers - Drop )

D

DJ Wabit

Hi!
I have been recently listening to a lot of popular tracks to try to improve my music creations. One of my favourite track is East Clubbers- Drop, however I am puzzled as in how east clubbers managed to achieve their effects and how could I get a bass sounding as "big" as theirs?
Of course I'm not trying in any way to copy their music, I am just interested and keen to share the knowledge with others as well as improving my own experience.

I would like to know:
-What effect is used at 0:05 that introduces the instruments (starting off deep then coming to it's full original sound)

-How could I get a big sounding bass like the one in this track starting from 0:27

I use FL studio.

Thanks!

Hi man just took a listen at 0:05 theres a vocal stuter effect that start at 0:00 and ends when the instruments start at 0:05 try a vst called effectrix or dblue glitch has that effect. For that bass it sounds like a dance kick layer hitting at the same time as a synth bass for the synth bass try Vanguard vst a good vst for dance or Gladiator.

Hi man just took a listen at 0:05 theres a vocal stuter effect that start at 0:00 and ends when the instruments start at 0:05 try a vst called effectrix or dblue glitch has that effect. For that bass it sounds like a dance kick layer hitting at the same time as a synth bass for the synth bass try Vanguard vst a good vst for dance or Gladiator.

Thanks for your reply, I have Vanguard however I can't find a suitable bass that sounds heavy enough :) but I will try out Gladiator!
And about the effect I appreciate your comment about the stutter however I mean after 0:05 when the instrument are suddenly coming in, it sounds so deep and low.
Thanks again :)

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-06-2011 at 08:12 PM ----------

I have found out how to get the bass sound, any help with that effect?

Vanguard would be fine, remember create your own bass and put effects on afterwards, distortion and compression.. it is not the synth that does not make it heavy enough.

Aaaah i get what u mean. Is it the swooosh starting at 0 getting louder til the instruments hit at 0:05. Its a sound effect i've in fx sound packs i think Zenhiser or Vengeance sound effects. Its a classic sound effect in dance music so should be easy to get your hands on.... thats the simple way to get that and i'd recommend. Just noticed too that at 0:05 that effect ends with a cymbal crash that has a lot of delay applied to it to to give that splash or echo effect. Hope that helps.

Back