How Do I Make A West Coast G-Funk SawGlideBass?!!!

Knoqx.com

Hey everyone, I hope all is well. I wanted to know if anyone on here knows how to create a West Coast G-Funk Sounding SawGlideBass? The one that use to be used a lot in those George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic records. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like the bass line is farting…lol!!! But seriously, it starts off with the note you hit and then bends down. Listen to this 90's track produced by DJ Battlecat and pay close attention to the bass line. It does what I am trying to convey to you so you can better assist me. By the way, I use Reason 7. So if you know how to make it using that, that would be great!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki9g_dIi-LU&spfreload=10

Whats good man? All you have to do is change the setting from poly to mono on your synth. thats it! You can also use the bend tool (the joystick) on your midi keyboard if you have one. I'm not pretty sure if that's what its called

Last edited:
Whats good man? All you have to do is change the setting from poly to mono on your synth. thats it! You can also use the bend tool (the joystick) on your midi keyboard if you have one. I'm not pretty sure if that's what its called

Thanks! I appreciate the info.

Back