Hip Hop Prod. 101 - The Bangin' Beat ! Pt. 1

Thanks y'all. The formula still works. The cleaner your sounds the better it works. It makes them sound more separated.

I still use this formula... take a listen...

Here's another one that sorta uses the same formula - I left out the bassline though because the sounds are kind of dark overall... (mostly a loop)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks y'all. The formula still works. The cleaner your sounds the better it works. It makes them sound more separated.

I still use this formula... Take a listen...

here's another one that sorta uses the same formula - i left out the bassline though because the sounds are kind of dark overall... (mostly a loop)

yo kid lovin the kicks how you get em hittin like that, hot track! (the 2nd one "applethug")

Thank you next time i make a beat I'm gonna follow this advice, because I've been making beats for a year but I've been struggling
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I dissagree, I've been making beats for 7 months now and all you need to suceed in the rap game is a set of 808 drums, a synth, and a rapper. All my friends are diggin the mixtape me n my friend put out and it's our first try. ****s easy if you're born talented.

Lol 7 months wow. you got the game on lock son.
It doesn't sound like it takes much talent to slap together an 808 and a synth and call it a day. once you make more beats you will start to see they all sound the same.
But you got to start somewhere Bect, no disrespect here.

I agree with Rome on leaving room for the track to breath. "Less is more" in my case. Cause lets face it, your mind set should be of "producing" for an artist. other wise you are just a beat maker witch is cool. There are a lot of tight instrumental artists.

Good post though.
These are things a lot of people don't take time to think about.
He is right also: when you listen to music don't listen to it as a "listener/fan" listen to it as a Producer.

I almost always (subconsciously) analyse and break down every song I hear. I can tell you the arrangement/structure (the verse was this many bars, the hook was this many. oh they did this cool change up thing here) of the song, and all the elements involved.(instruments/percussion) and when and where they come in.
I'll even pull out a pad and take notes.

My point is STEP YOUR GAME UP.
hope this helps,
PEACE

Back