Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CrusherX by accsone: Granular sound design

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Study in White Noise
    or
    Alice´sFall Down the Rabbit Hole

This is another application of one ofthe methods I explain in detail in my more than 3-hour tutorial aboutgranular extractions.
    What you hear is white noise. Nothingelse than white noise. I stretched the recording of the white noiseby 10% without changing any pitch or frequency using granulartechniques. Then I recorded the stretched noise again and used thissecond recording as a new source for further stretchings. All in allI increased the time resolution of the original recording in 80consecutive steps – while never changing any pitch or frequency.
    What I´ve got is less than 1millisecond of white noise stretched to audibility – 1 millisecondof sound frozen in time.
    I call this method my “sonicmicroscope”.
    I´ve smoothed (crossfaded) the abovementioned 80 steps of going deeper and deeper into the seconds andmilliseconds of the recording to make it more comfortable to listento (causing a loss of recognisability of each individual stepthough).

Enjoy your day!
    Rolf

Thanks
    The next CrusherX video is online (I know, it´s been a time ...).
    CrusherX- What´s new in Version 8? An overview of the new version ofCrusherX, the granular (monster-) sound processor. 20 minutes, thatwill change your way of looking at sonic grains.
    https://youtu.be/5v5EyaHt32g
    Enjoy your day!
    Rolf
    scshot_1-gui-jpg

Thread Information