Creating beat making videos

preppypmp_82

God & The Streets
Good morning,

I would like to create some beatmaking videos of me using Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, or a combination of either of the three. I'll do some videos on Record as well. I think I would be able to provide somebody with some insight of how to use these programs, with some advanced technique involved. However, I have no clue of how it is to be done. I know I need a camera of course, which I have, But what I don't know is how to get he screenshots of what I am doing on my computer screen along with the sounds from the beat that I am making? I watch the videos on youtube of guys making beats, and I would like to share my knowledge as well, can anyone assist in this matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Something like Camtasia Studio will capture what you're doing (whatever is being displayed on your monitor) and create a video, complete with audio. There are free ones, too, but some are better than others.

Camtasia Studio is good because the resulting video is crisp and clear. Some of the free ones I've seen are blurry but you might find one that is usable if you don't want to buy CS.

Last edited:
Back