composing a downsouth beat...

Nice video dog :cool: . I got a few questions:

1) Are you using Reason's sequencer?

2) What did you use to pitch down that vocal sample?

3) Did you use all stock reason sounds?

Peace :cheers: .

good video ok beat i like the drums and the strings were cool but i didnt like the screwed hook u used or the other melodys tho the synth sound was cool i would have used it differently. was that a reason preset btw? ive never heard it r u on version 4?

Xabiton said:
good video ok beat i like the drums and the strings were cool but i didnt like the screwed hook u used or the other melodys tho the synth sound was cool i would have used it differently. was that a reason preset btw? ive never heard it r u on version 4?

He said at the start its reason 3. An to the dude above you, he said he use's stock sounds, but he's got lots of his own sounds.

jordy said:
He said at the start its reason 3. An to the dude above you, he said he use's stock sounds, but he's got lots of his own sounds.
he said he has both stock and presets yes i didnt catch what he used here i was curious kuz i dont have that sound but its dope. and i missed that it was reason 3 but clearly kuz he made the video in like june it had to be 3 lol

Hey whatup,

That beat was tight. Thanks for going through layer by layer. I need to see that. My beats tend to be "shallow", meaning I don't have a lot of things going on in the background.

Any pointers that you could give would be appreciated

J.

Ay bra the beat was hot I was feelin it....You look like you know how to play the piano some for real im thinking about taking a few lessons to up my melodies...But that was hot but the sample vocal was ok I would of used something different.

did you read the sticky post?

please follow each step on your next post thanks! :)

i will edit this one to make it a video player when i get a chance (on my phone right now)

take care

crazy **** ..i like it

crazy **** ..i like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds Hot. Like the chopped and screwed music and I'm from NYC. Imma try to make a chopped and screwed song. They're the best when youre smokin weed. Every musician needs to...lol

Back