Altiverb 7 - the best reverb ever?

Bobcat

Future Producer
I don't know if any of your are reading the Future Music magazine, but the May issue came with some demo samples, and I must say - it really impressed me!

Watch the entire video here:

I'm thinking of getting it... it's a lot of money but I feel like it's totally worth it. I really am VERY impressed!!

Yeah it's crazy! I love everything about it, all the small details and all the small feautures. That's like the cherry on the cake for me!

I keep my reverb so subtle any ol' thing will do. As nice as this is, I have no reason to fork out that type of dough. the factory reverbs in Pro Tools are more than enough for my needs. I'm sure in genres other than hip hop/rnb/pop these things can get good use. But not in my room.

This looks cool as hell but seriously I am a cheap ass and the IK CSR is doing it for me. <style>.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; z-index: 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}</style>

I’m really wanting to get this… it seems like the price raised: Audio Ease online store - select items

I could swear the XL bundle was „only“ 1000€…

So I had an idea. What if we all put like 200€ by side and by it all together? We could then just send it to each other so everyone can install it, later we could even try reselling it again for a bit less. In the end we would have spent like 50€ on it… seems like the only possibility to get this. I really want it, but I can’t spend so much money on it. I must also invest on other tools!

Why? It’s one license, and they allow to install it on several computers! That’s like if I wanted to install it on my computer, at home, and say my laptop :) No?

true haha. but it will be used by multiple people instead of just used by you. But hey i'm not telling anyone go for it man!

Its a nice verb but not the best...the S6000 has some really dope verbs..but its 7k just for the unit....as far as putting your money together that is not illegal but it does require an Ilok so only one cpu can use it at a time...you'd need to be in the same neighborhood to make this work

Altiverb is incredible... Some studios I've worked in have it, but I don't!
I love the Waves Rverb. Altiverb is very unique, hope to buy it soon

I’m going to buy the regular version soon! Or at least I hope so. € 499! It’s affordable I think and it’s a good investment. Although it says it’s ~ € 593 inlc. taxes. That’s almost a hundred more! I hope to get it tax-free somehow… or maybe find it used somewhere… would definitely be a good deal! The XL version is useless for most people.

---------- Post added 09-07-2012 at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-28-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

Wow!!! think ima test this before I buy it

This is what I’m wondering right now… it seems like they don’t have a trial version?! Tried searching for one but didn’t find anything. Went to the audioease.com website and typed „trial“ in the search field, it suggested a demo page but seems like it’s down because it redirects you to the support page.

There’s a download page as well, and I thought this is it. But no, it isn’t. It’s just if you’ve already bought it… to download again…

What are they trying to achieve? I’m not buying this if I can’t test it before. Even if everyone says it’s the shit.

In my local music store some guys still have Altiverb 5 and they say it’s insane. I really want Altiverb 7!

Very versatile, but I wouldn't say the best. I've used Altiverb 6, liked it. I now use EastWest Spaces..love it.

Back