20syl video, the key to new soul

sburke1

Check this video out,

search 20syl on youtube

the producer 20syl sequences his drums in 6/8, then (i think) percentage quantizes them up to a lazy 4. If anyone has another opinion of how he tightens them up, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I tried doing this, and it worked. For that matter, does anyone else have any tricks, techniques, and video links about producing in general? For other topics, some issues that I want to attack next are

1. tasty stutter effects, mostly for vocals, exponentially getting slower and faster sorta, what do people use, any plugins to acheive this without chopping audio for hours?

2. more tricks to achieving a great drum feel like the previous video did.
if you can find, i advise download the mpc quantize settings that work with logic.

3. i am about to get the roland fc-300 foot controller in the mail, with expression pedals, does anyone have any favorite things they control with a foot controller, any good wah plugins( i use amplitube which sounds good and will appreciate the exp. pedal for that)

4. does anyone know a better site to put this kind of questions on, like the best production/sequencing forum?

Back