Whos into hard dance here?

Octavius

I produce hard dance and would like to chat with others who share my love of hard techno, hard house, and hard trance

Hello again Octavius,

I am a hard dance/trance producer amongst other things.

Have you got any tracks completed and/or posted in the review section?

HI
i'm into the huge hard trance by dj wag, dj dean and dj spoke.
What type of hard trance do you guys listen too.
And where are you guys from, i think the type of hard trance you listen to is influenced by the area your from.

Wicked Sweet

DJ Birch said:
HI
i'm into the huge hard trance by dj wag, dj dean and dj spoke.
What type of hard trance do you guys listen too.
And where are you guys from, i think the type of hard trance you listen to is influenced by the area your from.

I don't actually listen to hard trance/house by other artists as such so I can't reel off a load of artists for you but my collaborator (is a hard trance/house DJ) could. We tend to work along the Euphex/Tidy Trax style though if that's any good to you.

I'm not into knowing the name of every track or artist. I just like to make the music...

I am in Redditch in the Midlands (20 miles south of Birmingham)

Okay, the labels that i'm into are overdose, tracid trax, nuklues, headline, bxr,
The real hard driving stuff,

hard trance is good stuff...

as far as my productions go i have a few catchy tunes that still need lots n lots of work. Theyre sequenced in FL and im just waiting on some extra dough for better equipment... or at least a new comp :/ 4 now

i would def wanna hear some tracks u ppl made... hardhouse or hardtrance...

aim: djexvile

or just post up a link right here 4 some feedback, thatd be cool...

id have to go with f.o.e. for the most part, but for me the fact that alot of hard dance is cheesy is because theres so much of it about, at least here in England. When theres a lot of any particular style around its inevitable that the standards will drop because you basically get people sticking to a certain formula in order to churn out tunes. Then again you still get the odd cracker released, i.e. bk's "stay high".... anyone know it?

Octavius said:
I produce hard dance and would like to chat with others who share my love of hard techno, hard house, and hard trance

Hi, i produce and love Hard Minimal and detroit style techno and also a big fan of anything with hard beats (chicago house, gard house, hard trance, dirty breaks, jungle and d & bass and last but not least some hardcore. Check out my tracks at www.mp3.com/djds9 and please give opinions and input.

iam... I'm still a newbie tho :) Do you like infected mushrooms sphoongel etc..?

woohoo

HELL YEAH!!
I discovered Infected Mushroom about a month ago and I've been listening to it SOOOO MUCH! I love it love it.
I've been making hard dance for a long time now, I like the intense stuff, doesn't have to be fast to be intense either.
Try out my song Tasty Monster on http://deadeyedj.iuma.com for an example of a hard dance song of mine. For a weirder one try Aku****.
goddamn infected mushroom rocks the ****.
-dj Busby

Re: woohoo

djBusby said:
HELL YEAH!!
I discovered Infected Mushroom about a month ago and I've been listening to it SOOOO MUCH! I love it love it.
goddamn infected mushroom rocks the ****.
-dj Busby

Infected's first album was good. Everything after that has been progressively worse. BPEmpire sucks arse. Shpongle is good. Anything Simon Posford does is great. i'm particularly fond of the stuff he does under Hallucinogen. For really good psy-trance, check out Whizzy Noise or GMS. i'd have to say GMS are the masters.

Re: Re: woohoo

Fumbling on Ecstasy said:

Infected's first album was good. Everything after that has been progressively worse. BPEmpire sucks arse. Shpongle is good. Anything Simon Posford does is great. i'm particularly fond of the stuff he does under Hallucinogen. For really good psy-trance, check out Whizzy Noise or GMS. i'd have to say GMS are the masters.

Infecteds latest albums sucks!? Where is your ears?

Re: Re: Re: woohoo

JnS said:

Infecteds latest albums sucks!? Where is your ears?

My ears is on my head, connected by lightpipe into my aural pleasure center. BPEmpire sounds like watered down cheesy Psy-Trance. It's nowhere near what their first album was.

Re: Re: Re: Re: woohoo

Fumbling on Ecstasy said:

My ears is on my head, connected by lightpipe into my aural pleasure center. BPEmpire sounds like watered down cheesy Psy-Trance. It's nowhere near what their first album was.

I have to agree, I have all the albums too and that one felt pretty lifeless. I thought they made a mistake on the date and it was actually an old one.

Infected's latest album is Converting Vegetarians.

BP Empire is ancient stuff.

Besides this isn't a psy-trance discussion its supposed to be hard-dance. ;)

progress at progressive

hi
i listen to a lot of psychedelic trance or progressive goa trance..like infected mushroom,logic bomb,parasence ,droidsect,xenomorph etc...
i've also been making some on fruityloops but nowadays i seem to be stuck.i keep making tracks that have a similar style which i am getting sick of.i make music by listening and then trial and error.i have never really learned music.
i am dying to learn loads more about music and esspecially trance.i would love some tips on sequencing.i am pretty good at creating sounds and modulating sounds using synth programs but i really want to progress now.i realise that every track i make i learn something new when it comes to using fruityloops but i want to make tracks with more melody so it is less monotonous.something with more life.
can someone please guide me.maybe some site on making trance or something.

thank u.

Last edited:
Re: woohoo

djBusby said:
I like the intense stuff, doesn't have to be fast to be intense either.
Hear hear! I hate mindlessly fast, cheesy hard house. Give me something slower, darker and dirtier any day!

Absolutely mad on my hard house when i'm out cos it is at the right speed to dance to in that kinda situation! ;) Absolutely shedloads of hard dance talent in the UK at the moment. Really impressed in the DJs throwing down at the last few nites out I went to (Tidy Girls, Paul Maddox, Paul Glazby, BK, Andy Farley) Lovin the Nukleuz and Tidy Trax labels as well.

Anyone goin to Global Gathering this year?

Cheers,
Filo.

Back