what is inside hiphop beats?help

monolo2012

i know a little bout making a drum beat pattern but then everything after that im lossed and confused can some one help me how much instruments do regular beats have i dont know how to structure a beat i have fruity loops and im reading a book on music thoery book help

The fastest method I have came up with is to figure out what scale i want to use, the drop a chord progression...that will set the vibe of the track, then I do the lead melody then drums, then the bassline, then I listen...at this point I start hearing some of the other parts in my head, if not then I save that project and start a brand new one...usually takes 20-40 minutes if I dont get lost in mixing...

Re-create beats. The best way to figure out what's going on in a Hip Hop beat, is to dive into a few of your favorite songs and note for note, sound for sound, figure out how to replicate the beat using whatever software you use. There are PLENTY of videos on youtube so I'd start there. After you do that a few items you'll develop a feel for what's appropriate and you'll begin to be able to create your own beats within the vocabulary of Hip Hop.

Re-create beats. The best way to figure out what's going on in a Hip Hop beat, is to dive into a few of your favorite songs and note for note, sound for sound, figure out how to replicate the beat using whatever software you use. There are PLENTY of videos on youtube so I'd start there. After you do that a few items you'll develop a feel for what's appropriate and you'll begin to be able to create your own beats within the vocabulary of Hip Hop.

best answer in here...

Basically what Joe said, also, basic thing in hiphop song is drums and 1 or 2 weaker instruments at verses, more power (=more instruments) at chorus and then take the drums out and leave few parts of the chorus for break/bridge. That's how most songs are written :)

Back