What college major does beat making best translate to?

Laf32

I already have a bachelors degree but i kind of picked a stupid liberal arts degree so i've been thinking of getting something more useful. what do you guys thinks relates the most to beat making/producing. i'm seeing some elements of computer science and writing script, solving codes and such. maybe chemistry? what do you guys think?

well it seems like a bit of a stretch but there's a reason they call it a lab and alchemist took the name he did lol. taking individual parts and putting them together to create something entirely new i guess. ive heard producers compare beat making to cooking in a kitchen so it can be like working with chemicals in a lab if u want to bite.

well it seems like a bit of a stretch but there's a reason they call it a lab and alchemist took the name he did lol. taking individual parts and putting them together to create something entirely new i guess. ive heard producers compare beat making to cooking in a kitchen so it can be like working with chemicals in a lab if u want to bite.
I.....guess.
I have taken chemistry classes up to Organic Chemistry I, and it is not that simple. Trust me.
What was your major?

I.....guess.
I have taken chemistry classes up to Organic Chemistry I, and it is not that simple. Trust me.
What was your major?

I majored in communication and minored in business. i graduated over a year ago. i'm thinking of going to my local community college for a microelectronics tech program but i'm undecided because a lot of people tell me school is basically useless and everything you learn is on the job anyway. so yea **** it. should have just kept my beat business going lol.

I majored in communication and minored in business. i graduated over a year ago. i'm thinking of going to my local community college for a microelectronics tech program but i'm undecided because a lot of people tell me school is basically useless and everything you learn is on the job anyway. so yea **** it. should have just kept my beat business going lol.
Naaaaaahhhhh....a degree can mean the difference in getting a promotion vs. staying at the bottom, sometimes just off the strength of having it. I've seen it for myself at my gig. I say, do it, if you want to learn, at least you got the hard stuff out the way-- I'm still sloggin it out try a finish my degree.

I already have a bachelors degree but i kind of picked a stupid liberal arts degree so i've been thinking of getting something more useful. what do you guys thinks relates the most to beat making/producing. i'm seeing some elements of computer science and writing script, solving codes and such. maybe chemistry? what do you guys think?

Chemistry no,
Computing maybe, building websites and such, as well as your own custom software
Microtech possibly, building your own equipment if you go deep enough
Music yes, learn more about composition, orchestration, arranging,
Audio Production yes, truly learn about production from mic placement to post-mix production work

I have two degrees: first one had a double major in Music composition and Audio/Video production; second one was a Software engineering degree.

Back