Thread: What is this bass and what is on it

Thanks

What is this bass and what is on it

Sign in to disable this ad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVcNB-y9u8

Can someone help me to understand, in detail, why this bass sounds like this... at around 1.40 it can be heard clearly. the bass slides down on release. What causes this effect, how can it be replicated?
    Last edited by Adam89; 02-25-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam89 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVcNB-y9u8

Can someone help me to understand, in detail, why this bass sounds like this... at around 1.40 it can be heard clearly. the bass slides down on release. What causes this effect, how can it be replicated?

sounds like a pitch bend really...might be more to it, but i've heard similar effects on other sounds with just a lil bit of pitch modulation/automation

Thanks
    Could you tell me on which sounds you have heard this effect ? ive been trying to figure it out it would be very helpful.

I dont think it is just pitch bend though. It could be automation om the release of the note but do you have any idea how i can set up the automation to do this ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam89 View Post
    Could you tell me on which sounds you have heard this effect ? ive been trying to figure it out it would be very helpful.

I dont think it is just pitch bend though. It could be automation om the release of the note but do you have any idea how i can set up the automation to do this ?

i use fl studio...you can right click the release knob in the ADSR settings and click 'create automation' or 'send to controller' to make your automation...same with the pitch wheel...might be a lil different in other daw's, i'm not too sure.

Thanks
    in fl studio you can also use the slide, right inside the piano roll. the triangle in the top left corner. it pretty much similates a pitch bend but you can also adjust the volume over time and it doesnt have the restrictions that the pitch bend has neither.

Thread Information