Trying to remake DJ Khaled Im on One

So, Ive been trying to remake this song with Sylenth 1 as my plug in. I think I figured out the song is in the key of D. So far I am just doing the melody as F# E D E F# F# F# then B C# B. I like to think melody is correct but Im having a hell of a time trying to get it to stick together. Ive been tweaking Sylenth for 2 days lol Any tips on this thing. I have the synth set to mono/legato and Im using portamento but I cant get the sound even close. Im just really trying to remake songs to better my skills and this is draining me so I figured I would reach out.

So, Ive been trying to remake this song with Sylenth 1 as my plug in. I think I figured out the song is in the key of D. So far I am just doing the melody as F# E D E F# F# F# then B C# B. I like to think melody is correct but Im having a hell of a time trying to get it to stick together. Ive been tweaking Sylenth for 2 days lol Any tips on this thing. I have the synth set to mono/legato and Im using portamento but I cant get the sound even close. Im just really trying to remake songs to better my skills and this is draining me so I figured I would reach out.

use Luxonix Purity. The lead is "Fat Draken 2" is the lead synth section, and the low background one is "Cheese" in the lead section as well.

Wow, thanks buddy. I just downloaded the demo and heard the preset. That crazy. Im tempted to buy it but Id love to figure out how to make this on Sylenth. Is it possible to create most sounds on any VST/AU? Also, I cant tell if that song is played between one octave or the keys are really spread out.

Yeah, I only have Sylenth for 3rd party plugs in Logic. I don't wanna buy Luxonix Purity just to do a remake. I do enjiy trying to tweak these synths to get a certain sound though. There is some dude on you tube named Qbeezie. Dude is a beast. It sounds almost identical.

Last edited:
Back