Trying to find a VST for electric guitar

aka_milo

Hi, for whatever reason I cannot seem to find any VST that carries the sound of an electric guitar! Like, I'm not even opting for a super realistic sound, just ones that actually could pass for the sound that I'm looking for. I can emulate the acoustic guitar, a lead electric guitar, and the really heavy distorted guitar sounds just fine using KONTAKT, but I can't seem to find just the soft guitar rock type of sound at all. (I'm not allowed to post link yet, but it sounds like the electric guitar used in tropical house / deep house songs - a recent example is in Snail Mail - Pristine and pretty much every indie rock song and pretty much every genre that exists). Just a regular old electric guitar sound lmfao.

The factory library for KONTAKT is just awful. I've been putting all the VSTs through guitar rig, but I don't think it's the amp problem - the KONTAKT library guitars are just not what I'm looking for at all.

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Electric Sunburst for KONTAKT is the exact type of "electric guitar" sound I'm looking for, but it only plays specific patterns and you can't customize the notes.

I'm simply looking for a VST or KONTAKT library that will give me an electric guitar sound that you can play individual notes through the piano roll. I have guitar rig (if necessary) - but I'm not sure if that's how you're supposed to get the sound I'm describing. Thanks for your help!

Came to suggest the 2 already mentioned plus Vir2 Electri6ity. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it comes as a bundle of 8 guitars.

Back