Tips for Staying Musically Active

Skalz

Man, tell yeh the truth school lately been taking up hell of alot of time, plus working at night..This stuff is just killin me.

Wanted to know of any tip to staying musically active, i just got my spring break and i thought, Hell yeh!! i'm gonna have some time to get some music done but tell you the truth i pretty much slept it all away and on top of that gots the wifey beggin me for some time..

It's been a while and my beats sound a lil rusty and a result to that motivation isnt there. What should i do?

I'm in the same boat as you right now.

TBH what is motivating me are my 2 music appreciation classes and watching musical stuff like The Piano Guy on public access.

I'm in the same boat as you right now.

TBH what is motivating me are my 2 music appreciation classes and watching musical stuff like The Piano Guy on public access.

The trick to staying musically active is simple. Drugs, prostitutes, and sneak in the desecration of a national monument from time to time so that ppl will think you are one crazy unpredictable bastard, and thus, you are already a rockstar. And if it fails at least everyone will think you are a scumbag and batshit crazy so you'll have lots of free time to do music!

j/k... I just got myself a handheld boss beatmachine when i was in college. Use to sit in class programming loops all day >.>

I work 2 jobs and do a shitload of promotion and out of studio work on the side related to music.. so how do I stay musically active? No sleep.

Treat it like a real job. Schedule time in your schedule. Sometimes I know my wife will be pissed if I'm in the zone for too long so i'll take breaks and run down stairs for an hour or two just to keep her cool. good luck.

Getfresh,
yeh that was cool when i was in college i had time to f..k around and skip class whatever but this university shizz is taking up almost all free time especially when its around mid-terms and what have you.

CheefReefa,
That "no sleep" can only last for so long, and as a result to that just today i got my license suspend for speeding trying to get to work on time at like 3 in the mourning cuz i was too tired to wake up and it cost me a good amount of $$$ too, which now i've dug myself deeper.

L.E.B.,
I know exactly what you mean, people think you're crazy cuz you're locked up in a room hours on end with no communication other then hunger, lol (should set an alarm clock 3-4hr intervals)

the best way is to stay solo.. since im with a new girl my time flies by and i dont know when to spend time for music. then my studies in business besides.. damn it ****s me up

but if u have the inner drive u will always find time for music.. always :)

i do a lot of different things musically. if im bored with one i can put it away for a while until the inspiration comes back.

when i was practicing guitar 8 hours a day, the thing that kept me motivated was a bunch of easy classical guitar tunes. play something easy and pleasant and itll remind you of why you love what you do.

Love music.

Its easy to find time for things you genuinely love. You had the chance to make music but you slept, do you really have that much interest in it?

Not being an ******* its something you have to ask yourself. Iv'e done it, I came to the conclusion I love listening to music but I just enjoy making it, so when I feel like making music I do, there is no pressure to stay active. I just do me.

Back