Timberland sound in Reason !

uh good question on that one. I barely know where to start to create something like that sound in reason. Im not a pro but I think malstrom would be a good start

Last edited:
Search through your synths and find the one that sounds closest. Then after that you just tweak it to get it sounding closer and closer.

Search through your synths and find the one that sounds closest. Then after that you just tweak it to get it sounding closer and closer.

Best way to go.

With NNXT and some layered strings in the Combinator Ive made some scott storch sounding strings.

Best way to go.

With NNXT and some layered strings in the Combinator Ive made some scott storch sounding strings.

Is that possible that you could share those strings?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible. IMO the patch has that feel to it, not necessarily replicating the strings he uses.

but yeah when I get home I will be able to post it up.

I think he got it from a preset in Sonik Synth 2 actually.

reason is capable of making this sound though. Its a saw synth with some chorus and reverb on it. A little resonance also. Its not a very complex sound to make if u understand synths. I came close in less than 5 minutes.

go to samplecraze.com they have some good tutorials on the subtractor. James Bernard from Props also has a good synth series going on right now on the Props youtube channel. Check all of those videos out for a good understanding of the Subtractor. Most of the information is transferable to other synths.

Like I just told the other guy in that other thread, start learning sound design & synthesis if you want to make your own sounds and/or replicate others! Once you understand the science behind it, you can create anything you want.

Back