Timbaland "Short Snare" ?

W

Whoa718

I've always wanted that short timbaland snare that he's used on a couple records. I've looked everywhere for this snare and I can't find it. I was wondering if anyone here has it and would be willing to share it.

Anyways, these are just some of the records that use this snare:

2000 - Jay-Z & Memphis Bleek - Is that your chick (Timbaland)
2004 - Shyne - More or Less (Kanye West)
2007 - 50 Cent - Ayo Technology (Timbaland)
2009 - Jamie Foxx - Blame it (Christopher "Deep" Henderson)

I read somewhere that it comes from the Mo Phatt sound module. Please, hook a brother up.

You know, I always wanted that Timbo snare too... (I bet a lot of us used to sweat that sample)! For the record, it sounds like only those first two songs (and possibly the Jamie Foxx) came from the same sample.

Good looks to Intel for the uploads, but I think those are only somewhat close sounding.

YEA Thats true...I noticed days later that while the one intel uploaded sounds similar I don't think thats the snare.

That snare is just a snare gated and then compressed right to the brink of distortion. Dude that used to mentor me engineering ran a couple of Tims session before so I have some somwhere. Anyway yeah compressed and limited to the point that if you use them There really isn't much left for you to compress without it breaking apart.

yo good looking on the info fts1981...yo do u have an example u can give me to see how it sounds? Hit me up

timbo snare

how do I post a link it doesnt seem to let me

tinyurl com dx5qxg

I guess I gotta post it like that, well ya'll can fill in the blanks. This should be the snare he loioking for

Last edited:
YOOOOO good looking!!! Thats the snare. By the way where did u get it from?

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread... But could someone reupload this specific snare (link is dead). I've been looking for it everywhere. Having some trouble recreating it.

Thank you

Back