Are there ways to play piano at faster tempo?

koalafresh

I've been playing piano for about a year now. I find it hard to really play effectively passed 16th note time. Are there techniques to improve, or does this one come with plain old practice?

I've been playing piano for about a year now. I find it hard to really play effectively passed 16th note time. Are there techniques to improve, or does this one come with plain old practice?

USE METRONOME.

a. WARM UP. SOAK YOUR HANDS IN SOME WARM WATER.

1. Play slowly with correct fingering.
2. Break up parts of a difficult phrase...play the bit slow and with correct fingering until it become enough...then learn the new bits...play them slowly and with the correct fingering until you have learned the entire difficult phrase. And play the entire part slowly and with correct fingering. Then play at different tempos until you nail each part at their various tempos.

Read up on correct posture and finger position for playing piano. There's a lot of little subtle tricks to it that the pros know that will make it easier to play as well as to build finger muscles without getting carpel tunnel syndrome. I'd ask a college piano teacher for starters.

Back