Is there a way to add vibrato to instrumebnts in Kontakt 5?

itzdlo

ayodlo
I have been using Kontakt for a couple months now. I was wondering if there was a general way you could apply vibrato to instruments within Kontakt 5. Is there anyway of designing this within Kontakt 5? Thanks everyone.

(Heres an Example of Vibrato going on in the beggining, its on the choir: Johnny Juliano Makes A Goon-Step Beat - YouTube)

I want to be able to do this within a Synth or know if there is a way to control this within Kontakt 5, but im not sure how. Do I achieve this with by controlling an effect or a parameter with an LFO? Or is something else going on here? Ive been researching trying to figure out howt o achieve this but I havent had much help thus far. I appreciate the help in advanced!

-Dev​

Last edited:
How do I create Vibrato with an LFO?

Ive been doing some research trying to figure some techniques out. Ive been trying to figure out how to implement an effect (Vibrato) that I hear in alot of songs (Heres an Example of Vibrato going on in the beggining, its on the choir: Johnny Juliano Makes A Goon-Step Beat - YouTube)

I want to be able to do this within a Synth, but im not sure how. Do I achieve this with by controlling an effect or a parameter with an LFO? Or is something else going on here? Ive been researching trying to figure out howt o achieve this but I havent had much help thus far. I appreciate the help in advanced!

-Dev

Route LFO to Pitch

Vibrato is pitch modulation. I'm not sure which synth your using but the theory is the same. If you have Reason for instance

Load say a subtractor
Route you LFO to either Osc 1 & 2 or just 1
Adjust Your rate and depth

Done

(Note - I'm on a mobile internet connection in the bush so I couldn't listen to the track that you posted as an example)

Last edited:
Lol I just wound up searching for this myself having the same exact question and found this thread on google. I sort of knew the answer already, but I figured it would be in scripts and it wasn't. Typically its made by assigning pitch to the LFO. Its general for most vsts. It seems like in Kontakt its all hidden and secret. All the instructions I followed were missing some steps.

It sort of tells you in the manual, but its confusing.

Anyways click on the wrench.

Go to Group Editor make sure Edit all groups is on...It should be red.

Now rightclick the tune knob below "not the one above" and select LFO>>Sine.

Now under that there should be a strip that says LFO (Sine). On that strip use the slider "id say slide it around 0.40 st for more realistic" {This slider is your pitch/depth}

Hit the button under the tune knob or just go to the bottom of the rack in the modulation section and adjust the knob that says freq. {The frequency knob is your speed}

Also if you see another slider for pitch and it doesn't say LFO (Sine) don't bother with it unless you really want to change it or want a larger pitch bend scale. It controls the pitch wheel.
If you would like to control the vibrato sound you just made from a mod wheel Id say right click on the freq knob go to Learn Midi CC# Automation after with your mouse move the mod wheel on the display where it shows your keys at and it should be assigned.

Last edited:
Wow thanks fam! Your a life saver, works like a charm. I appreciate the help, im starting to understand what you can and cant do within synths and samplers know. Hope all is well.

I have another suggestion to make a more "organic" kind of vibrato. I'm going to use Ableton Live as an example because that's what I'm most familiar with, but I'm pretty sure it can be adapted to other DAWs as well.

Here is how I would do it:
1) Load a frequency shifter and set the rate and amount
2) Load another frequency shifter but have it set at a subtly different rate (ex. your first rate was at 1.0hz, now set your second rate at ~1.3hz or something). You'll hear the different rates working with and against each other to create a vibrato that isn't so cut and dry; adjust the amount of the second frequency shifter accordingly to what you're looking for.

That's if you want something a little different. Just throwing my 2 cents in! Hope I helped you out some.

Last edited:
Glad I could help. Another thing that will make things easier for you is adding a script. Check this out its a vibrato script. To add the scripts to your list you go here

Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\presets\Scripts and you could make a folder "I named mine Extra" and just drop your script there or in another folder to keep things neat.

It should show up in your user presets now. fqtxv.jpg

fqtxv.png

For me skys the limit with kontakt lol does everything I need it to. Theres alot more scripts out there that do other things just write kontakt scripts in google.

If it says its for kontakt 2 or any other they should still work in 5.

Last edited:
Spectacular, ill look into this. Looks very useful and im all about organization and simplicity. Thanks! I Appreciate it reaper, much love.

Thank you for the information on Kontakt and Vibrato

This was a big help. The solo trumpet vibrato was driving me crazy. The trumpet ensemble did not have vibrato. Your instructions were very clear. I bought Kontakt 6 Full to use with other sample librararies. I did not realize how many multiple menus the program had until I followed your directions. Guess it's time to read the manual.

Lol I just wound up searching for this myself having the same exact question and found this thread on google. I sort of knew the answer already, but I figured it would be in scripts and it wasn't. Typically its made by assigning pitch to the LFO. Its general for most vsts. It seems like in Kontakt its all hidden and secret. All the instructions I followed were missing some steps.

It sort of tells you in the manual, but its confusing.

Anyways click on the wrench.

Go to Group Editor make sure Edit all groups is on...It should be red.

Now rightclick the tune knob below "not the one above" and select LFO>>Sine.

Now under that there should be a strip that says LFO (Sine). On that strip use the slider "id say slide it around 0.40 st for more realistic" {This slider is your pitch/depth}

Hit the button under the tune knob or just go to the bottom of the rack in the modulation section and adjust the knob that says freq. {The frequency knob is your speed}

Also if you see another slider for pitch and it doesn't say LFO (Sine) don't bother with it unless you really want to change it or want a larger pitch bend scale. It controls the pitch wheel.
If you would like to control the vibrato sound you just made from a mod wheel Id say right click on the freq knob go to Learn Midi CC# Automation after with your mouse move the mod wheel on the display where it shows your keys at and it should be assigned.

Back