Are synths more connected with one specific music genre than the others?

Phase1

Listen to a few seconds of this song: French Montana x Wiz Khalifa x Nipsey Hussle x Big Sean x Johnny Juliano x Mazi O - YouTube

Obviously it's a rap song. I told my friend the song sounds a little like pop or electronic music because of the sounds they are using. I was more specifically talking about the synths. He was saying synths aren't connected to electronic music any more than rap is. I did get a few more people agree with my friend. but if my friend is right then why when i search youtube with "synthesizer music" all i get is house/techno/electronic? Would you consider the song pop-rap, club-rap, rap, or gangster rap. My friend says the music is either rap or gangster rap and its not electronic (genre) at all.

Almost every sound that isn't an actual instrument is a synthesizer. Just has to have an Oscillator (or 2 or 3 or 4!)

That sounds like you are looking for a 'type' of music with synthesizers.

I can agree that more and more rap/hip-hop artists are meshing into the 'remix' category with producers that are from the EDM crowd.

Synths (other than samples) are pretty relevant. An 808 is a 'synth' with cut off sustain and release, to make drumz.

Hope I gave a little bit of helpful info.

Back