spanish music chords and scales please

associatez

I make hip hop beat plus I play the guitar i have a a huge chord book I would like to finger pick some spanish style chords however I do not know where to start I got like one spanish scale that I use plus i got nice hylon strings please tell me what chords to play for that spanish feel (yes I looked on google yes I tried the internet)
anyway thanks

Last edited:
try this

Here's a way to intertwine scales with some strumming. I've recorded a simple version, just be creative and mix some rhythm into the strumming. The one I have contains some delay to create a more intense feel.
Be open with the picking as well, it's amazing what licks you can come up with. I usually do not use bends for this type of lick. Lots of hammers and pulloffs.
What I've given in the TAB is the scales which you can use, together with the chords that goes well with it.
Have fun!

Key = Am

E |------------------3-4-8-9------|----------------------------------|
B |--------------6-8--------------|----------------------------------|
G |--------5-7-8------------------|----------------------------------|
D |--5-6-9------------------------|----------------------------------|
A |-------------------------5-6-8-|----------------------------------|
E |-------------------------------|--3-4-8-9-------------------------|

i would also try to look up some spanish song in guitar tabs

thanks

thanks man...I'm using Cubase VST 32 to record and make beats (i hate fruity loops LOL) um thats kind of you to help me
see I'm finally getting good at Cubase after 2 years of working with it and I want to make spanish style beats I'm also trying 128 triplet to make them in hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee improvemnt anyway if anyone else has any Chords or scales related to spanish music please post thanks

Try the Habanera form, I use it alot.

it goes: a minor, g major, f major, e major.
It can also be transposed to all keys of course.

You can hear an example on my soundclick page. Listen to the beat entitled "Club Habanera." The link is in my sig.

I also have a beat entitled "Spanish" but I can't tell you how I made it because I improvised it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

this is great all my life since the age of 19 I beem studing music (im 27 now) and finally people who know more ish then I do
i love it most people on these site r rude morons who r not humble in the least man.....my mind is a sponge I wish soak up everything you tell me.....i will try that chord progreesion
i tried like A minor to E minor before never tried G minor or that other chord LOL but I will try it todaythe problem is my nylon strings go out of tune wayyyyy faster then metal strings so they settled doen a bit but still kinda annoying.....

Re: thanks

associatez said:
.i will try that chord progreesion
i tried like A minor to E minor before never tried G minor or that other chord

Hah, I'm 16, but I study music intensely too.

Btw, just to clear it up, its E MAJOR and G MAJOR and F MAJOR.

Peace.

a typical spanish scale is the phrygian dominant mode, basically it's the harmonic minor scale but you start from the fifth note

E7 flat 9 is a tyical phrygian dominant chord for example

not complicated

If al lyou are looking for is a spanish "feel" you dont need to relearn European chord scales ect. Play a simple Emaj Fmaj Gmaj and a harmonic minor scale (A minor that is) over top but spend time on your production of it. because if you do that on a Solid body electric, full marshal jcm 900 stack and your gains cranked its every garage metal song. So do the nylon thing, a touch of reverb on the lead (harmonic minor) and percussion. Of course, nothing is spanish without claves. (hehe)

MusickMan said:
a typical spanish scale is the phrygian dominant mode, basically it's the harmonic minor scale but you start from the fifth note
Damn, you got in there just before me. You can mix it up with the straight phrygian mode as well for a bit of colour.
For really cheeeesy spanish chords play an open Emaj, then slide up by one fret to give you and Fmaj7aug

Back