THIS SOUND! >>>> How do I get It?

timayproductions

Music Producer
Ok, I know questions like these are usually looked down upon, but I heard a particular sound in a video while I browsing through YT and I fell in love with it.... Any one know what sound Cardiak is using at 1:32?! I know the VST is obviously Nexus 2, because if you look at the computer screen you can tell, but what sound?? Is it from an expansion? Did he do some tweaking to a stock sound? Does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TL;DR: Sound at 1:32, what is it!:

Cardiak x A Day In New York - YouTube

EDIT: It seems like some sort of layered string or something and he added a slow portamento effect on it, but I could be wrong

Last edited:
It sounds like a sine and saw with portament. ignore the brass and strings and just focus on it. It sounds kind of like a theremin.

lol this guy is retard xD he playing 3 notes with 2 hands :) haha:D
but for real its synthetic strings with pretty long glide :) hard to create but easy to found in lame VSti like nexus

True, the cheese sound in Purity is the exact same sound, although it's not a very complicated sound. In fact, it's SUPER simple. It's a series of saw waves stacked by octaves, with portamento, slight detuning and a bunch of reverb.

Back