sound advise for sound affects ???

J

JimmiJ

fairly new to making music but been DJing for about 8 years so I know the fundamentals. anyway I am playing about with rebirth at the moment and exporting sounds / loops into fruityloops. I know this may not be the best options available but its all I have at the moment. When adding affects in rebirth and then exporting the sounds as wav files to use in the sequencer I seem to lose all the affects added. This now means that all of those wonderful early ninties type sounds come out plane and simple ( please help )
how can I export the wav from rebirth keeping the affects added ?? or am I just being dumb !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT THE ANSWER YOU WANT, BUT.

You say you only have fruity and rebirth, how are you editing your samples/waveforms ?
Do you use a sample editor of any kind ?
You really could do with one of these, something like Soundforge will help you with these issues tremendously. Plus these prog's usually have effects processors also which are much better than the one's in rebirth.

I know it's not the answer you're after, just a recomendation.
Rich.

sorry, not all I have got but all I have learnt to use at the moment. I am trying to pick a piece of software up and learn it inside out before moving on to the next.

I am using wavelab to edit ?!

Does wavelab have effects ?

If so you'd be better using them, it's probably easier than what you think also as it should have some sort of preview/audition feature.

dunno ?!

first I mastered fruity then got onto rebirth, I then realised that to export from rebirth I would have to use wavelab ( or another editor ). I will check out the full options on wavelab tonight.

Cheers for the help

Just set your soundcard to record internal wave source, start your loop playing by itself in rebirth (fade the other machines right off, or load blank patterns into them) then record a new file into wavelab.
-mj-

ModularJack said:
Just set your soundcard to record internal wave source, start your loop playing by itself in rebirth (fade the other machines right off, or load blank patterns into them) then record a new file into wavelab.
-mj-
you sto' my answer ya fukkah !

This way would be ideal, because you can boost levels outside of rebirth (in your system mixer / recorder)

you might want to make sure you are exporting from song mode and not pattern mode. Build the pattern, 'initialize song from pattern' or sumshilydat, apply fx while 'recording' and then export to wav.

Cheers peoples !!!!!!

F*** the rebirth affects, I will now be using wavelab as it is far superior anyway.

as far as exporting directly to the card I will try it tonight.

once again, Fanque !!!!:

Maybe you should have patented your advanced sound card internal recording process before everyone else stole your theory. :D
-mj-

Wavelab would be the best way to add effects as it uses all Direct X & VST plugins so theres plenty to choose from. there are built in FX as standard in wavelab.

Last edited:
Back