Song a Day Challenge! [Creativity Exercise]

Improvisation is Virtually Impossible

• Absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything is Possible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anonymouqs

When I began creating music I would begin a project but then become "stuck" when I couldn't find the perfect note or synth setting or whatnot. I have another friend who recently began composing-and despite me approving of his melody, to him, something was missing.

I realized the growing pile of half-finished project in my folders, and how I would never finish them at all. I recently began learning Jazz 2 years ago for my high school band as a pianist. In Jazz, improvisation is central to its expression. Initially, I would be unable as I would spent hours trying to find the "perfect notes", eventually I would be able to compose well-developed melodies instantly.

I thought, what if I applied this to the realm of electronic and classical composition? And what if I made all of such public despite how unfinished a song may sound.

I challenge everyone on this forum to post a link to a playlist or album on which they will post a new composition every day regardless of how finished it is. As an extra challenge, all compositions must be finished within a single sitting(or two, but not three) and within a maximum of 3 hours.

Best wishes! Post the link to your album or playlist below!
And share the best of your fast-comps on the share your music section as well :)

May the internet have a crap-ton of 356 track long albums!

Here is mine: Pre-Alpha Unmastered Daily Builds | Raven Jyro Felix

Back