sequencing in BUZZ

donoso

heh everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if it is possible in Buzz to trigger samples (in the sequencing screen) at times other than at a 1/32 note, 1/16 note... etc.. basically I'm wondering if you can trigger a snare slightly later or earlier to give a more live sound... the only way I've accomplished this before is by playing with the volumes to give the impression that it is being triggered later (by making it quieter)

Also: does anyone know how to sequence a hip hop beat? I've noticed that in some tracks, every second snare seems to be triggered a bit late...

Any info even remotely related to this would be greatly appreciated...

d.

well. Buzz is a Tracker, and sometimes it's hard to really do precise stuff, especially with 4 notes per beat. BUT.. but you should be able to do hiphop stuff no problem... Back in the days, they were using SP1200 (emu) and other TR808 (Roland) to do the hiphop beats, and those are pattern based sequencers with 16 steps for 4 beats, which is similar to what you can do with Buzz.

tracking vs Cubase, etc

So I guess it isn't possible to quantize to more than 16 divisions in a bar??

I guess this is the advantage to using something like Cubase or Logic Audio? These programs seem limited to me though, as far as routing individual channels through efx, and so on..

d.

well, Cubase, Logic and Cakewalk, are far better for composing yes. They are great for movie scoring, etc.. even.

True, they don't "generate" any sound, but they are great to control MIDI devices.

Effects are applied in non-realtime, on Audio data (ie tracks you recorded on audio tracks). The realtime processing of your synths and other samplers, will be up to the machines themselves.

Good luck man

Back